Winfield and McCrary Cleared, Hardin's Expulsion upheld

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also Williams was cleared of his 1-year suspension. Haven't seen anything on Djam yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the five initially charged were punished, and the five added after the EOAA investigation were cleared. That doesn't reflect well on the EOAA.

I have to hand it to Winfield. On the outside looking in he battled nicely. Hate to think what was going on his head waiting this out and rightfully so.

From the Strib:
http://www.startribune.com/three-go...red-in-alleged-sexual-assault-case/416670913/

Ten Gophers football players walk into their closed-door appeal hearing in January for their alleged involvement in a sexual assault. On Monday, Antoine Winfield Jr., Kobe McCrary and Mark Williams were cleared; cornerback KiAnte Hardin is still facing expulsion.

After another round of appeals in the alleged sexual assault case from last September involving several Gophers football players, Antoine Winfield Jr., Kobe McCrary and Mark Williams have been cleared, while cornerback KiAnte Hardin is still facing expulsion, their attorneys confirmed Monday.

The latest round of appeals went to university provost Karen Hanson and involved four of the 10 players originally suspended over an alleged sexual assault from Sept. 2.

This last line in the Strib article...
“Due to privacy restrictions relating to student educational data, there is nothing further the University can share,” the athletics department announced.

This last line in the Strib article...

Does anyone suppose Kaler or Coyle will have the moral courage to seek out the microphone to publicly state (and apologize) to these players that were cleared or had their punishments reduced by the student panel and the provost? That the university-run EOAA office was very publicly chastened and perhaps in the future all of: school leadership, the media, the EOAA, and their readership should withhold judgment until all the facts are known?

That the EOAA should have multiple investigators involved in each case to help mitigate excessive bias and malice, record ALL interviews with accuser and accused, ensure students are aware of and recommended to have legal counsel available? Follow their own guidelines regarding the hearing process? Allow counsel to reject panel members if bias can be demonstrated? Have a sexual misconduct panel culled from the student body at large, or an impartial third party mediator?

So like is someone going to appeal the appeal of the appeal now?

Did I miss something? I thought this was over months ago. Is Seth Green still cleared?

So like is someone going to appeal the appeal of the appeal now?

I'll find out. I know a guy who co-chaired the committee that reviewed the recommendation to revise the color of the book that appeals of appeals of appeals are documented in.

Here we go again.

My bad. I forgot that if I'm happy that Winfield Jr is cleared and post "fantastic" it means I support or condone sexual assault.

Sorry, I probably should have taken the time to write better. In no way did I mean or infer you supported sexual assault.

But this whole scenario is a disaster. The Gopher basketball team making the tourney is fantastic. Winfield being cleared of something is a relief and perhaps vindication- though I don't think the U system has that option. Having his name forever attached to sexual assault is not fantastic.

Sorry, I probably should have taken the time to write better. In no way did I mean or infer you supported sexual assault.

But this whole scenario is a disaster. The Gopher basketball team making the tourney is fantastic. Winfield being cleared of something is a relief and perhaps vindication- though I don't think the U system has that option. Having his name forever attached to sexual assault is not fantastic.

I agree with you there. The rest of his life when someone Googles his name this will show in the search results. I admit I could of chosen a better word.

I believe that the University process is complete any further action would need to be done thru a lawsuit, I believe the only lawsuit that can be filed is against the U, due to the restraining order settlement.

So Seth Green was throwing passes in a practice video. Newspaper story said Winfield missed the first practice. Were he and McCrary both not practicing? Hopefully, both are now. Was/is Shenault practicing?
Hardin is expelled. Buford, Johnson and Johnson transferred. Williams and Djam each have one year suspensions? That everybody involved?

“Due to privacy restrictions relating to student educational data, there is nothing further the University can share,” the athletics department announced.

This statement of privacy seems at best to be selective. Where was the privacy when this whole thing started? And do these players go to get their reputations back?

So Seth Green was throwing passes in a practice video. Newspaper story said Winfield missed the first practice. Were he and McCrary both not practicing? Hopefully, both are now. Was/is Shenault practicing?
Hardin is expelled. Buford, Johnson and Johnson transferred. Williams and Djam each have one year suspensions? That everybody involved?

If you read the entire article - Williams appealed and won. He is now cleared of all punishment and has been reinstated to the team. there was an announcement on Monday that Winfield, Mc Crary, Shenault, Green and Williams have formally been reinstated to the team. Djam still has a one-year suspension, and Hardin's expulsion was upheld. The other three guys have transferred to a JUCO in Arizona.

If you read the entire article - Williams appealed and won. He is now cleared of all punishment and has been reinstated to the team. there was an announcement on Monday that Winfield, Mc Crary, Shenault, Green and Williams have formally been reinstated to the team. Djam still has a one-year suspension, and Hardin's expulsion was upheld. The other three guys have transferred to a JUCO in Arizona.

Thanks outta free links and not willing to pay nor patient enough to use another computer. Missed the Monday announcement. TY

Thanks outta free links and not willing to pay nor patient enough to use another computer. Missed the Monday announcement. TY

If you use chrome, put it in incognito mode. Then the Star & Sickle works every time.

This statement of privacy seems at best to be selective. Where was the privacy when this whole thing started? And do these players go to get their reputations back?

The U was always careful about not violating privacy policies. The only thing the U ever said with names attached was that the players had been suspended for the bowl game. All the dots were connected by reporters, the players themselves, or their lawyers and parents.

Top Bottom