1. Default NCAA Tournament Games

Okay this is just getting ridiculous. Destiny Slocum, who has made end of the first half three point heaves her signature move, topped herself today. I'm idly watching the Terps take apart West Virginia when Slocum swishes a 3/4 court, overhand flip, from the edge of the arc sending Maryland into the locker room leading 38-24. Naturally her teammates go nuts.

It was fun to watch the Buckeyes take out Kentucky even thought OSU's display of nerves in the second half almost sent them back to Columbus. Unlike Penn, the Buckeyes did figure out enough ways to score.

2. Default

She is a very talented point guard who does not play like a freshman. Interesting article about MD in NYT this am. They asked Freese about the 3rd seed in same region as UConn and she said they should be afraid of MD. I actually hope they, or anybody, does upset UConn.

Quote Originally Posted by GringaGopher View Post
    She is a very talented point guard who does not play like a freshman. Interesting article about MD in NYT this am. They asked Freese about the 3rd seed in same region as UConn and she said they should be afraid of MD. I actually hope they, or anybody, does upset UConn.
    I picked Maryland to upset UCONN so I'm really pulling for it too!

4. Default

Video of Slocum's shot.

5. Default

Sharon Versyp (OT lost to Notre Dame) and Charlie Turner-Thorne (three point loss to South Carolina) picked up crucial fourth quarter technicals. The Ts were deserved; although I think the two coaches had a point. They didn't have as clear a complaint as Chris Collins in yesterday's Northwestern game, but somewhere in the ball park.

The technical spree gives me hope that we'll see at least one T in tomorrow's Tennessee/Louisville game and perhaps one in tomorrow's Baylor/Cal game. There's been some crazy refereeing this weekend and Walz and Mulkey struggle enough with competent officiating.

6. Default

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdu...e-dame-in-ncaa

Versyp says she was yelling at her players:

Morrissette scored seven straight for Purdue to open the fourth, getting Purdue within six. But Purdue's bench picked up a technical foul, while the Boilermakers had the ball, with Versyp explaining later that she was yelling at her players, not an official. ND used the free throws to spur its own push, getting the lead back to 10, 74-64, with just more than five minutes left.

As soon as Notre Dame looked like it had weathered Purdue’s last push, Purdue made one more. The Boilermakers clamped down on defense and made shots: Morrissette had a jumper, followed by a Perry layup. Oden hit a triple. Then a free throw by Morrissette, a layup by Perry and then her two game-tying free throws.

7. Default

Versyp did a great job of coaching the Boilers this year. At the beginning of the year, I wouldn't have even picked them as an NCAA Tourney candidate, but by the end of the year they were able to compete against some very good teams. The Boilers weren't any more talented than many of the middle-of-the-pack BIG teams, but the effort always seemed to be there.

8. Default

It was a rather quiet departure for the Terps, 77-63. The Ducks didn't let Brionna Jones push them around inside. Turnovers (Maryland 21 and Oregon 17) and Frese's apparent reluctance to utilize the three (Maryland 0-6 while Oregon was 6-15) hindered Maryland's few comeback attempts. And....Duck freshman, Sabrina Ionescu, was sensational (21 points, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds).

9. Default

I watched and I was surprised at how Oregon outplayed Maryland. Slocum and Walker-Kimbrough with sub par games for the Terps.

10. Default

Terps looked dazed and Oregon's D obviously took them off their game. MD had more pressure/ expectations to win and the Oregon freshman played extremely well.

11. Default

Two terrific games; but MORGAN WILLIAMS! 41 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 0 turnovers as the Bulldogs leave Mulkey behind on the way to the final four.