Current BIG Players Leaving Early for NBA?

A list of potential guys that could go pro:

OG Anunoby(IU)
Thomas Bryant(IU)
Miles Bridges(MSU)
Caleb Swanigan(PU)
Ethan Happ(Wisc)
Melo Trimble(MD)
Mo Wagner(UM)
DJ Wilson(UM)

I think the B1G will be even more wide open next year.

Per Chad Ford, ESPN:

Ethan Happ, PF, So., Wisconsin

Happ isn't your traditional draft prospect. He has a unique set of skills for a big man. He excels as a ball handler and passer. He racks up steals. And he doesn't shoot the 3 the way today's en vogue big men do. He uses great footwork in the paint to get a whopping 80 percent of his shots at the rim. But his versatility, toughness, rebounding ability and feel for the game intrigue scouts -- especially ones that are into analytics and see Happ projecting as a sleeper first-rounder.

He was solid -- though hampered by foul trouble -- in the first two rounds of the tournament. If he can help get Wisconsin deeper, I think he'd have a real shot of cracking the Top 30 by the end of the tournament

A list of potential guys that could go pro:

OG Anunoby(IU)
Thomas Bryant(IU)
Miles Bridges(MSU)
Caleb Swanigan(PU)
Ethan Happ(Wisc)
Melo Trimble(MD)
Mo Wagner(UM)
DJ Wilson(UM)

I think the B1G will be even more wide open next year.

Gone For Sure
Miles Bridges
Caleb Swanigan

Possible
OG Annunoby
Thomas Bryant
Melo Trimble
Mo Wagner

Unlikely
Ethan Happ
DJ Wilson

I'm thinking Bridges and Swanigan will go. Maybe also Bryant...not because he's great, but maybe because he's already a junior and doesn't want to go through a coaching change. I think Trimble will stay, even though I don't see him getting much better. He's undersized for an NBA guard. IMO, Wagner and Wilson and Happ will stay. I was surprised to see that Happ was a second team All American, but all 3 of those players still need work to be NBA first rounders. If Swanigan and Bridges go, I think the Gophers will be better clubs than both Purdue and MSU going into next season. If they return, it's my feeling that at least MSU, with their incoming recruiting class, will be better than the Gophers.

No way Happ goes pro. Wisconsin guys rarely leave early and Happ actually has a lot to work on. He's almost useless on offense unless he's next to the hoop. He also needs to improve his freethrow shooting to avoid being a liability at the end of games. Putting on some weight would also help. He'll use up all of his eligibility at Wisconsin, unless he really expands his game in the off season.

I'm thinking Bridges and Swanigan will go. Maybe also Bryant...not because he's great, but maybe because he's already a junior and doesn't want to go through a coaching change. I think Trimble will stay, even though I don't see him getting much better. He's undersized for an NBA guard. IMO, Wagner and Wilson and Happ will stay. I was surprised to see that Happ was a second team All American, but all 3 of those players still need work to be NBA first rounders. If Swanigan and Bridges go, I think the Gophers will be better clubs than both Purdue and MSU going into next season. If they return, it's my feeling that at least MSU, with their incoming recruiting class, will be better than the Gophers.

Even without Bridges, MSU is going to be good and probably contend for the top spot. If Ben Carter gets a 6th year of eligibility, they are going to have the deepest group of bigmen in the league.

Winston/Tum Tum
McQuaid
Langford
Jackson 5*/Carter/Tillman 4*
Ward/Schilling

This year MSU only had two guys over 6'6 and that was Ward and Bridges. Next year they will have at least 4 and maybe 5 if Carter gets granted a 6th year.

If Happ goes in the 1st round, he needs to leave. Not just for the Gophers sake but for his. SOOOO much money being left on the table and for what? Live in Madison for 2 years? Cool enough city but millions of dollars would be cool too I think.
I love Happ, but you have a better chance going in the 1st round than Happ does. I don't see a team wanting an undersized post player that can't shoot outside of 3 feet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gone For Sure
Miles Bridges
Caleb Swanigan

Possible
OG Annunoby
Thomas Bryant
Melo Trimble
Mo Wagner

Unlikely
Ethan Happ
DJ Wilson

Agreed but I would give OG his own "likely" category, even with the injury I don't think there is much of an upside for him returning.

I've gotta think Mark Cuban would love to draft Wagner and have Dirk pass the torch to him.

Corey Sanders from Rutgers and Trevor Thompson from Ohio St both declared for the draft. Neither is signing with an agent so they will have the option to return. Both declared last year and eventually returned to school.

Sounds like Thompson might actually stay in this time, but that might be a mistake considering he isn't even in Chad Ford's Top 100. Sanders initially said he would be back in school for his junior season, and then later said he would test the waters. Sounds likely he will be back at Rutgers next season unless he really starts to shoot up some draft boards.

2 players

G mpg ppg rpg apg spg bpg tpg FG% FT% 3pt FG
Moritz Wagner 38 23.9 12.1 4.2 0.5 1.0 0.4 1.4 .560 .726 .395
D.J. Wilson 38 30.4 11.0 5.3 1.3 0.5 1.5 1.1 .538 .833 .373

I personally like Wilson better as an NBA prospect. He is much more athletic and can block shots.

Both listed at 6-11 240. Both are considered soft and need tons of muscle. Wagner better scorer, Wilson better at everything else, especially defense.

I forgot about Wagner he is a stud!

Top Bottom