Mikyle McIntosh

Hmmmm....very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would be a great addition. Move Amir to the 2 and have MM at the 3 with Fitz backing him up. Dupree would be a sixth man of the year quality player.

He'd be an excellent addition. That said I don't see him as an obvious starter next year. But I COULD see him as a guy that plays 20 mns a game between the 2-4 spots depending on the lineups. The question is the same that it was with Springs; when you get a senior transfer he'll want to play. Springs became a perfect fit but would this guy be happy with coming off the bench? Maybe he's the first wing off the bench which would allow us to bring Harris along slowly and not have to be too reliant on Hurt, Gilbert, or Fitzgerald with his health issues

Looks like a guy who could really contribute and has some of the skills most of us experts think we need, particularly decent three point shooting. I see two problems. If he is being recruited by us or anyone else before he declares he's leaving, that is just bad form and probably violating some recruiting rule. Second, right now we have no scholarships available for next year. One big problem and one major hurdle, which clearing is far from a done deal.

I'm not a fan of the grad transfer rule even though it was major in our success this year. It's just a way for the big guys to raid the mid-majors of players they developed. It would be nice if there were some accessible data on how many of these there are per year and how many of them move up, down or lateral.

That having been said, if its within the rules, play by them. Get this guy and schedule a game with ISU. That would be bloody good fun with Reggie and this guy here, and an ISU fan base that may hate us more than Duke, which seems almost impossible.

I would like this as an addition. I would even redshirt Michael Hurt and give him a year to bulk up and get his mojo back, and a chance to play longer with his brother when he comes here (please!!!).

Looks like a guy who could really contribute and has some of the skills most of us experts think we need, particularly decent three point shooting. I see two problems. If he is being recruited by us or anyone else before he declares he's leaving, that is just bad form and probably violating some recruiting rule. Second, right now we have no scholarships available for next year. One big problem and one major hurdle, which clearing is far from a done deal.

I'm not a fan of the grad transfer rule even though it was major in our success this year. It's just a way for the big guys to raid the mid-majors of players they developed. It would be nice if there were some accessible data on how many of these there are per year and how many of them move up, down or lateral.

That having been said, if its within the rules, play by them. Get this guy and schedule a game with ISU. That would be bloody good fun with Reggie and this guy here, and an ISU fan base that may hate us more than Duke, which seems almost impossible.

The grad transfer rule is one of the few that actually benefits the student-athletes.

The grad transfer rule is one of the few that actually benefits the student-athletes.

It was originally designed to assist real academic needs. I would love to see some evidence that the "student" athletes are really pursuing this for primarily academic reasons. Highly doubtful. The rule may benefit guys who want more playing time, etc. but it really hoses the programs they leave. Biggest issue for me is when a player gets red-shirted to develop and eventually the additional year gets passed to another school.

Gilbert is transferring. And I'm sure Reggie is still friends with his old teammates, he could be the one talking to him.

Gilbert is transferring. And I'm sure Reggie is still friends with his old teammates, he could be the one talking to him.

Not doubting you but what is your source on Gilbert transferring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reunited?

235bdfc6a357766d9b0bbe2bb0dd4d6c.jpeg

So you're in favor of not allowing players to play where they want? I'm all for players being able to do what's in their best interest. When I was in college it seemed like half my classmates transfered schools at some point

It was originally designed to assist real academic needs. I would love to see some evidence that the "student" athletes are really pursuing this for primarily academic reasons. Highly doubtful. The rule may benefit guys who want more playing time, etc. but it really hoses the programs they leave. Biggest issue for me is when a player gets red-shirted to develop and eventually the additional year gets passed to another school.

who cares if its for academic reasons? The schools don't want these kids there for academics so its complete hypocrisy to claim transfers have to be for academic purposes.

Their team plays Monday in the NIT?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1. Gophers don't have a scholarship, unless someone transfers.
2. He'd have to want to leave a good team.
3. He would start.

1. Gophers don't have a scholarship, unless someone transfers.
2. He'd have to want to leave a good team.
3. He would start.

1. Gilbert is leaving. Check.
2. Leave a good Valley team for a good B1G team. Check.
3. He would start at the 3. Check.

My idea is that schools have to guarantee a 2 year scholarship for players out of high school. After two years, player can transfer anywhere without sitting out. At the same time, school can decide not to renew scholarship. If they stay with team, school has to honor scholarship for remainder of career. Player can transfer at any time but if it isn't after second year, they must sit out as it is now.

In my opinion, this would give the players more power, but wouldn't be a free for all it players never had to sit out for transferring.

1. Gilbert is leaving. Check.
2. Leave a good Valley team for a good B1G team. Check.
3. He would start at the 3. Check.

Who would he start over? I think he comes off the bench but plenty of minutes to be had.

I totally agree with that, and for that reason I would keep it. I do think it also hurts mid-majors. I don't know how, but I wonder if there is a way they can fix that part of it.

Who would he start over? I think he comes off the bench but plenty of minutes to be had.

PG-Mason / Washington
SG-Coffey / McBrayer
SF-McIntosh / Hurt
PF-Murphy / Fitzgerald
C-Lynch / Curry

That would be my 10 man rotation. If Harris is legit he can get some time as a combo guard. Konate only plays if we have foul trouble or injury.

Over Coffey?

Coffey moves to the 2 where he belongs. Dupree found a home as a sixth man that suits him. McIntosh would give the starting 5 the 3 and D guy we lose with Springs.

Where is this idea that Gilbert is leaving coming from?

Madtown theory? I'll wait for someone a bit more credible first.

Top Bottom