Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikyle McIntosh

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    Not sure if you're referring to me or the person I was responding to.
    That person.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    That person.
    McBrayer could easily play some 3 with Mason and Washington at the 1 and 2 (Ryan James has even said Washington could start next to Mason). Murphy won't play the 3, but I bet Pitino would think about it before playing Gilbert. That was my point, Gilbert is transferring because he isn't going to get minutes if he stays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Are we really taking these players away or would they have transferred regardless?
    Reggie wouldn't have transferred regardless. With the exception of a Duke or a Kentucky, Minnesota would have likely been the only school Reggie would have left Illinois State for. His camp contacted Pitino and let them know that he wanted to come here and Minnesota was the only school they reached out to. He never announced that he was transferring publicly to let schools know he was available. And he made it clear that he was pretty torn in the decision.

4. Default

McIntosh is on ESPN right now.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post
    McBrayer could easily play some 3 with Mason and Washington at the 1 and 2 (Ryan James has even said Washington could start next to Mason). Murphy won't play the 3, but I bet Pitino would think about it before playing Gilbert. That was my point, Gilbert is transferring because he isn't going to get minutes if he stays.

In that scenario, does he think one of them in particular would play off the ball, or does he think they would essentially share the same role? I wonder how the lack of length would affect us defensively and on the boards (not saying we can't/shouldn't do it).

It's pretty impressive that Illinois St continues to lose these guys and they are still a good team.

7. Default

Great D by McIntosh there. He had to switch on to UCF's PG, stayed in front of him and forced a tough jumper.

Can he play a 4 in the big? Anyone's option that's watching?

9. Default

Can he play a 4 in the big? Anyone's option that's watching?
    I'm sure he could if he is really 234 but he based on the limited minutes i've seen of him, he is much quicker off the dribble than I expected and looks like a natural perimeter player. Much quicker and better handle than Hurt, Gilbert or Murphy but of course this is all based on less than a half of basketball.

Half this board treats lineup construction like NBA 2k video games.
    LOL

11. Default

Well he just made 2 clutch FT's. They were down won with 4.3 seconds left and made both putting them up one. Then with only 1.3 seconds left, he fouled the guy with the ball and put him on the line who made both FT's and UCF won. It was a pretty weak call too, all body. I'd be livid if I were ISU.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    Just a little musing...did everybody see that Lofton led Texas Southern...

How would we have been with Lofton as another guard for depth this year and next?
    I think he would ha e hurt the team and glad coach gave him the boot.

16.8 ppg, 42% FG and 25.8% on 128 3-balls.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    I think he would ha e hurt the team and glad coach gave him the boot.

16.8 ppg, 42% FG and 25.8% on 128 3-balls.
    Agreed. I think he would have hurt the team chemistry/camaraderie and introduced drama. No thanks.

14. Default

Went nearly coast to coast in one of those plays. His offensive skill set reminds me a bit of Carlos Morris but with much better size and strength.

Half this board treats lineup construction like NBA 2k video games.
    Exactly - it's comical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk