Could we try 'Press Virginia' next season?

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I wonder if we could have the personnel to try a full court press next season, like West Virginia uses. We should have a number of quick/athletic guards and wings on the roster and other than Lynch and Bakary, our front court is fairly quick and athletic too.

Maybe go with a starting lineup like this...

PG-Mason
SG-McBrayer
SF-Coffey
PF-Murphy
C-Curry

Bench
PG-Washington
SG-Harris
SF-Hurt
PF-Fitzgerald
C-Lynch

I'm not that serious about this idea, just something that crossed my mind while watching West Virginia since Pitino originally hinted he'd try something like this when he took the job. I think he has since backed away from the idea, even mentioning he had doubts it could work in the B1G.

We did that in the first season or so under Pitino and I liked it. I just don't think we had the depth. Hopefully next year we can get back to that.

I'd like to have it in the arsenal even if we don't use it all the time. I always wished Tubby would do it since he played 10 and platoon subbed anyway.

I hope we could do something like nova did today against wisconsin. I like how they traped and fell back to man to man.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Jay Wright only used 7 guys when it seemed like he had a 9 man rotation with all the subbing he used

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom