ESPN: Ex-Florida State DB Myron Rolle to begin Harvard medical residency

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Cool story, per ESPN:

Former Florida State football star Myron Rolle, who was a Rhodes Scholar and then enrolled in medical school, will begin a neurosurgery residency at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, he announced Friday.

Rolle, 30, played three seasons as a defensive back for the Seminoles, graduating early in 2008. He deferred an NFL career for a year to earn a master's degree in medical anthropology at Oxford.

He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in 2010 but never played a regular-season game in the NFL. In 2013, he returned to Tallahassee and entered FSU's medical school.

"Seven years of neurosurgery is a big deal, something I wanted for a long time, really excited about it. Today is just great, it's remarkable," Rolle told WCTV in Tallahassee on Friday. "... Saving lives and helping people live a better life, that's going to make life worth living."

Rolle had always spoke of his goal to become a doctor following his football career. He famously took a chartered flight in 2008 from Birmingham, Alabama, to College Park, Maryland, to participate in his Rhodes scholarship interview and then play in the Florida State-Maryland game.

Rolle's residency begins July 1.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...medical-school-massachusetts-general-hospital

Go Gophers!!

Wow! What a great story. It won't get a lot of attention. The issue at Purdue will get much more attention which is a shame.

What a great story and congrats to him. We need more of these types of stories in college sports. He has picked a grueling residency and best of luck to him.

What a great story and congrats to him. We need more of these types of stories in college sports. He has picked a grueling residency and best of luck to him.

Settle down...it's not exactly brain surgery.

I don't think so. This guy had accomplished much more than many people. I believe it is a great story. Go back to cleaning the toilets.

You still don't get it - the guy was joking because it actually IS brain surgery.

Similar student-athlete stories are on every campus in every FB team, and throughout all college sports, and vastly outnumber the one's involving alleged bad behavior. Agree they probably should be highlighted a lot more.

I don't think so. This guy had accomplished much more than many people. I believe it is a great story. Go back to cleaning the toilets.

You really don't get it. Go back to supervising toilet cleaning. You have reached the pinnacle of your career in management.

Cool story, per ESPN:

Former Florida State football star Myron Rolle, who was a Rhodes Scholar and then enrolled in medical school, will begin a neurosurgery residency at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, he announced Friday.

Rolle, 30, played three seasons as a defensive back for the Seminoles, graduating early in 2008. He deferred an NFL career for a year to earn a master's degree in medical anthropology at Oxford.

He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in 2010 but never played a regular-season game in the NFL. In 2013, he returned to Tallahassee and entered FSU's medical school.

"Seven years of neurosurgery is a big deal, something I wanted for a long time, really excited about it. Today is just great, it's remarkable," Rolle told WCTV in Tallahassee on Friday. "... Saving lives and helping people live a better life, that's going to make life worth living."

Rolle had always spoke of his goal to become a doctor following his football career. He famously took a chartered flight in 2008 from Birmingham, Alabama, to College Park, Maryland, to participate in his Rhodes scholarship interview and then play in the Florida State-Maryland game.

Rolle's residency begins July 1.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...medical-school-massachusetts-general-hospital

Go Gophers!!

One of the many things that is great about college athletics.

Classic post. The only guy in the thread who didn't get the obvious joke responds in a condescending manner. Maybe toilet cleaners are so dumb after all.

Top Bottom