Post-season tickets in the future

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
Reaction score
In the future, I hope season ticket holders of a sport that advances to post-season play gets queued up first (by GopherScore rank) for the chance to purchase post-season tickets made available by the school. Volleyball season ticket holders were rewarded the past few years with that option and it "feels" more fair to reward those invested financially and emotionally in that particular sport to get first shot.

Hopefully, that will be a discussion the new Fan Board can have in the future.

In the future, I hope season ticket holders of a sport that advances to post-season play gets queued up first (by GopherScore rank) for the chance to purchase post-season tickets made available by the school. Volleyball season ticket holders were rewarded the past few years with that option and it "feels" more fair to reward those invested financially and emotionally in that particular sport to get first shot.

Just to clarify - do you mean that going by just your points in the one sport, or all the points? Didn't they do it by your GopherScore which takes into account all the sports?

But then we can't reward high end donor bandwagon jumpers. I agree with your take. I just don't think it will happen. It will be a perk of building up a lot of Gopher points to be able to purchase post-season tickets even if you can't name one of the five starters on the team. I would be very curious to know what percentage of the ticket allotment for the NCAA tournament went to real season ticket holders and how many went to others. They will never share that information with the public, though.

Just to clarify - do you mean that going by just your points in the one sport, or all the points? Didn't they do it by your GopherScore which takes into account all the sports?

Going by your whole GopherScore, but season ticket holders of that sport get an early window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And purchase up to the amount of season tickets you hold

Agree. I sent an email to Coyle saying exactly the same thing as your post. I received a response saying he understood my frustration with not awarding the loyalty of the season ticket holders over the $$ donors. I also told him he does not need to send another survey when they seem to have difficulty doing the simple perks for season ticket holders. His summary was they are always reviewing their ticket processes and he had heard from other season ticket holders. My sense was thanks for sharing and we are unlikely to change this process.

Dumb question. But I'm guessing that most of the "big donors" have season tickets for basketball and football?

Each school gets only 500 tix from NCAA, which includes the U's traveling party. That left a number of approximately 350 left over for their season ticket holders. You would have to be pretty elite even with the erosion of the fanbase to score them. Additionally, the tix were only for sessions the Gophers played in.

Even with that, I am positive there were more Gopher fans at the Bradley Center on Thursday afternoon than were at Williams Arena for several of their Nov & Dec non-conference games. Not joking.

Each school gets only 500 tix from NCAA, which includes the U's traveling party. That left a number of approximately 350 left over for their season ticket holders. You would have to be pretty elite even with the erosion of the fanbase to score them. Additionally, the tix were only for sessions the Gophers played in.

Even with that, I am positive there were more Gopher fans at the Bradley Center on Thursday afternoon than were at Williams Arena for several of their Nov & Dec non-conference games. Not joking.

In this case, those 350 were not for season ticket holders. They were for anyone with a GopherScore. I am certain if season ticket holders had been queued in line first, I would not have had a shot (even as a 26 year ticket holder), I just think they (BB Season Ticket Holders) should be queued first by GopherScore. Then, if there are any left after the season ticket holder queue, all GopherScore members would/should get a shot.

In this case, those 350 were not for season ticket holders. They were for anyone with a GopherScore. I am certain if season ticket holders had been queued in line first, I would not have had a shot (even as a 26 year ticket holder), I just think they (BB Season Ticket Holders) should be queued first by GopherScore. Then, if there are any left after the season ticket holder queue, all GopherScore members would/should get a shot.

Even if they all went to season ticket holders there would only be enough to cover roughly 5% of the 6000 season ticket holders.

Ticketmaster still had a couple of thousand tix the morning after the pairings were announced (nosebleeds granted) so anyone that truly wanted to go had to option to buy them at face value.

From being at the arena, those were snapped up mostly by fans from Ames, IA.

Even if they all went to season ticket holders there would only be enough to cover roughly 5% of the 6000 season ticket holders.

Ticketmaster still had a couple of thousand tix the morning after the pairings were announced (nosebleeds granted) so anyone that truly wanted to go had to option to buy them at face value.

From being at the arena, those were snapped up mostly by fans from Ames, IA.
I, too, bought off Ticketmaster and posted the link here.

Top Bottom