Business Journal: Gophers P.J. Fleck buys new Edina home for $3MM

Another factor that may have played into the location: that house is in a development on what was the last big undeveloped parcel of land in Edina. If you want new construction, which a lot of people do, and also want to be in Edina, you pretty much are limited to that area unless you're going to tear down and rebuild.

That area is in the Hopkins school district but almost everybody open enrolls into Edina when able to.

Another factor that may have played into the location: that house is in a development on what was the last big undeveloped parcel of land in Edina. If you want new construction, which a lot of people do, and also want to be in Edina, you pretty much are limited to that area unless you're going to tear down and rebuild.

That area is in the Hopkins school district but almost everybody open enrolls into Edina when able to.

PJ may be a private school guy so doesn't matter what school district you live in anyways if the kids are going to Blake or Breck for example.

This thread is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don't the kids live with the mother? I don't know what kind of custody arrangement they have but that's more the norm.

Don't the kids live with the mother? I don't know what kind of custody arrangement they have but that's more the norm.

I don't know, not sure I really WANT to know that, but there were kids in the practice video, I assumed they were his.

I don't know, not sure I really WANT to know that, but there were kids in the practice video, I assumed they were his.

I know Mason (still does) and Brewster lived out west, probably not that far west of the edge of Edina where PJF is moving to. For my 3M, I'd probably rather live in old Edina somewhere near France Avenue, or better yet along the river like Jerry Kill did. It is possible there are not any 3M houses in those places. I'd probably try to buy that Miami style house at 25th and East Lake of the Isles Blvd, I always liked that house a lot.

Kevin Garnett used to live on Lake Minnetonka, I think he actually had two houses on the Lake and may have kept the smaller one. I also know that Randy Moss loved fishing on Lake Minnetonka, although he may not have lived o the lake. I am too lazy to look it up and see what $3M will get you today on Lake Minnetonka, but that for me would be a very unique and worthwhile place to live. With a nice boat a massive outdoor pool deck, and some year round heated outdoor features (top end sauna, high end outdoor hot tubs,, I suspect it would be hard to top living on a high end Lake Minnetonka house, all year.

Reasonable proximity to the airport and campus is probably a big deal to coaches and even 15 minutes each way can make a difference in quality of life, though. East River Road between the Campus all the way down to the Hwy. 5 / 7th street Bridge near the Airport would be great for me as highly paid HC as well if the right property were available.

I know Mason (still does) and Brewster lived out west, probably not that far west of the edge of Edina where PJF is moving to. For my 3M, I'd probably rather live in old Edina somewhere near France Avenue, or better yet along the river like Jerry Kill did. It is possible there are not any 3M houses in those places. I'd probably try to buy that Miami style house at 25th and East Lake of the Isles Blvd, I always liked that house a lot.

Kevin Garnett used to live on Lake Minnetonka, I think he actually had two houses on the Lake and may have kept the smaller one. I also know that Randy Moss loved fishing on Lake Minnetonka, although he may not have lived o the lake. I am too lazy to look it up and see what $3M will get you today on Lake Minnetonka, but that for me would be a very unique and worthwhile place to live. With a nice boat a massive outdoor pool deck, and some year round heated outdoor features (top end sauna, high end outdoor hot tubs,, I suspect it would be hard to top living on a high end Lake Minnetonka house, all year.

Reasonable proximity to the airport and campus is probably a big deal to coaches and even 15 minutes each way can make a difference in quality of life, though. East River Road between the Campus all the way down to the Hwy. 5 / 7th street Bridge near the Airport would be great for me as highly paid HC as well if the right property were available.

You can get a good place on Lake Minnetonka for 3 and a half for sure... but if you're going there you gotta go all the way: https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/mn/orono/1725-bohns-point-road/pid_12676055/

If you put the $3M PJF new construction Edina house on a prime Lake Minnetonka lot (probably a tear down) with some decent shoreline, more east than west, what do you think the cost would be? 4.5M? 5M? 5.5M, more?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TnWdnD0oyBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't have the patience to look through 7 pages, but looks like this article has additional photos not in the original link:

http://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/fleck-house-tour-2017/

This is a Carl Hansen home, my family toured it during the Prade of Homes gathering last fall. They are family friends of mine and this house is AWESOME! Carl's homes are always well made and his family has owned this land for over 75 years, it is the last parcel of land in Edina to build on. Growing up It was always a dream of Carl's to make this area his own while hoping his father and grandfather wouldn't build on it. I do like the game room, I prefer a four season porch while this one is a three season over looking green grass above the neighbors below.

Nice job P.J.!

KG still has a pretty big property on the point of one of the bays on Lake Minnetonka.

With regards to Fleck, the choice for Edina instead of any of those other locations is due to his young family. A good neighborhood with lots of kids is a huge selling point for a young family. Kill and Tubby could live anywhere closer to the U because they didnt have kids at home.

Top Bottom