Business Journal: Gophers P.J. Fleck buys new Edina home for $3MM

Right. I appreciate what Fleck did for us on the field, especially last Fall.

But I'm glad he's gone, and very happy with our new coach.

Okay, BTW, where's the quote on him chasing a Super Bowl from, I'd love to see the details? And why are you on our board? Are we playing you sometime in the future and no one told us?

Okay, BTW, where's the quote on him chasing a Super Bowl from, I'd love to see the details? And why are you on our board? Are we playing you sometime in the future and no one told us?

I don't think his quote re: wanting to win a Super Bowl has ever made it into print but was pretty common knowledge around here from shortly after he was hired.

As to why I'm on here - both my parents (and thus all my relatives) were from Minnesota so have always had a soft spot for the Gophers, and obviously to see what the reactions to Fleck are.

A coach who isn't an Xs and Os guy, is a motivator, and who fancies himself as a recruiting guru can be a fantastic fit in CFB. Not really in the NFL.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't see Fleck Rowing The Boat in the NFL. Much more suited to CFB.

I don't think his quote re: wanting to win a Super Bowl has ever made it into print but was pretty common knowledge around here from shortly after he was hired.

As to why I'm on here - both my parents (and thus all my relatives) were from Minnesota so have always had a soft spot for the Gophers, and obviously to see what the reactions to Fleck are.

Will give you the benefit of the doubt, but you can see how that sounds like sour grapes. Are you sure he wasn't talking about trying to make a comeback as a receiver in the NFL?

Right. I appreciate what Fleck did for us on the field, especially last Fall.

But I'm glad he's gone, and very happy with our new coach.

Maybe I missed it, but why are you glad PJF left WMU? Curious.

Not important. You guys can make up your own minds about him.

Not true. Most on here tell others how they feel about PJF. I'm a hater, I'm told.

I thought I heard that Gopher Hole posters were going to rotate taking care of the yard so yes, less mowing for him in a sense. Fleck was being sensitive to folks on the board here.

So is this Fleck's new mantra now "Mow the damn lawn!"?

And the taxes on even .78 are going to be incredible even before improvements.

That would be true if his house was in Minneapolis but Edina taxes will be definitively lower. than if he lived in Minneapolis. The biggest problem living in Edina is that the snow plows start early which can cut into ones sleep. In Minneapolis you may have wait a few days before they plow your street. Even then they leave half the snow in the intersections.

Forest Lake is calling!

North Oaks has a 1 acre minimum. And you're going to spend the same for a similar house.

I'd imagine airport proximity is also pretty important. From there's he's 20 mins to work and 20 mins to airport. Not too shabby.

I'd imagine airport proximity is also pretty important. From there's he's 20 mins to work and 20 mins to airport. Not too shabby.

I'm assuming education is important to PJ as well as the quality of police and fire services. Plus excellent park and rec dept. and all this at a lower tax rate. Plus, you guys need to realize he has already bought the house so why are we suggesting bigger lots and different locales?

It's a nice house and all, but what I really care about and want to know is what he drives down to work. When money is no object...

IIRC Kill drove a pickup, Claeys a Jeep GC? What kind of an enthusiast is Fleck?

Stick shift or slush box (or DCT - whatever). Coupe or Sedan? SUV? Fleck is a sharp-dressed man. While I could certainly see him looking good in '33 chopped cherry red Ford Street rod "Eliminator" I'm not sure he's retro. He's a forward looking man. So while it could be vintage american muscle I've got to believe he's probably into a heavily breathed-on european Panzer-vagen like an M3, M4, or AMG CLS 63, or E63 wagen.

It's a nice house and all, but what I really care about and want to know is what he drives down to work. When money is no object...

IIRC Kill drove a pickup, Claeys a Jeep GC? What kind of an enthusiast is Fleck?

Stick shift or slush box (or DCT - whatever). Coupe or Sedan? SUV? Fleck is a sharp-dressed man. While I could certainly see him looking good in '33 chopped cherry red Ford Street rod "Eliminator" I'm not sure he's retro. He's a forward looking man. So while it could be vintage american muscle I've got to believe he's probably into a heavily breathed-on european Panzer-vagen like an M3, M4, or AMG CLS 63, or E63 wagen.

Porsche Cayenne GTS

I'd bet on a DeLorean.... He goes to the future, checks it out, then goes to the past to make 13-0 seasons possible....

I'm guessing SUV/Crossover or Sedan. While he has money, his family's vehicles are probably that, family vehicles. An SUV/Crossover when the whole crew needs to move around, and the sedan when only one or two need to. What make is where it gets tough. I would guess he is not the luxury car tire of guy, but that he appreciates a higher end feel. Maybe an Audi?

Folks with $3,000,000 houses don't mow their own lawns. They hire a service. Or Heather mows it.

I know at least 1 person with a million dollar house that mows his own lawn. Some people enjoy it. Maybe PJ has been eying a nice riding mower.

Not true - there are townhouses in North Oaks.

The minimum is 1.25 acres for their low-density residential zone. But yes, there are townhomes in North Oaks and those obviously don't each require a 1.25 acre minimum.

I know at least 1 person with a million dollar house that mows his own lawn. Some people enjoy it. Maybe PJ has been eying a nice riding mower.

His time is more valuable than that. Even if he enjoys it, I'm betting family time will come ahead of solitary mowing duty...

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/5125-bluff-circle-edina-mn-55436-4771401#/

I get a kick out of the arm-chair realtors trying to psycho-analyze the Fleck's purchase. I bet dollars to donuts it was Heather Fleck who said, "This is the house I want." For any wealthy single-earner marriages where the spouse (wife in this case) will be doing or arranging to have done > 90% of the decorating of home, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, and transporting the kids to activities that spouse has almost resolute veto power in where they live and in what house. PJ was just a rubber stamp.

BTW, that house is in the Hopkins school district, not Edina. Though the neighborhood has been trying for years to get annexed into the Edina school district but Hopkins doesn't want to turn down any of those property tax revenues those house generate.

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/5125-bluff-circle-edina-mn-55436-4771401#/

I get a kick out of the arm-chair realtors trying to psycho-analyze the Fleck's purchase. I bet dollars to donuts it was Heather Fleck who said, "This is the house I want." For any wealthy single-earner marriages where the spouse (wife in this case) will be doing or arranging to have done > 90% of the decorating of home, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, and transporting the kids to activities that spouse has almost resolute veto power in where they live and in what house. PJ was just a rubber stamp.

BTW, that house is in the Hopkins school district, not Edina. Though the neighborhood has been trying for years to get annexed into the Edina school district but Hopkins doesn't want to turn down any of those property tax revenues those house generate.

Interesting - just looked it up and I grew up about a mile away from his new house (much more modest neighborhood). Also in Edina - also went to Hopkins schools. I thought I remembered my dad bitching about paying for Edina schools with his property taxes even though I went to Hopkins. I could be remembering wrong, though (or he could have been wrong).

Top Bottom