Next Year' Schedule

SD GOPH!

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea about our schedule next year?
What does the non conference schedule look like?
Who do we play twice in conference?

Thanks!

So far we play @Arkansas and have a neutral site gave vs a TBD opponent at US Bank.
To take a stab at the conference slate based on previous schedules could look something like this

Teams we play twice
Iowa
Nebraska
Rutgers
Purdue
Michigan

Once at Home
Northwestern
illinois
Ohio State @Madison square Garden
Penn State

Once on the road
Wisconsin
Maryland
Michigan State
Indiana

We also have a home game in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Possible Acc opponents who had home games last year and will travel this year:

Duke
FL St
Louisville
Notre Dame
Virginia
Clemson
Miami

It is still up in the air (as far as I know) if we will be playing a Big East team in the Gavitt Tip Off.

We also have a home game in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Possible Acc opponents who had home games last year and will travel this year:

Duke
FL St
Louisville
Notre Dame
Virginia
Clemson
Miami

It is still up in the air (as far as I know) if we will be playing a Big East team in the Gavitt Tip Off.

That's true would love to get Duke or Notre Dame to switch it up. Bet it will be Louisville.Anyone but Florida State! Duke will have Gary Trent Jr next year and odds are Tre will be committed to us or them. One can dream

Does the team get a summer trip this year?

Duke
FL St
Louisville
Notre Dame
Virginia
Clemson
Miami

I know we played on the road for the challenge this year, but we were at home last year. We've played at home two years in a row as well as on the road two years in a row in the past. It seems like they try to switch it up, but I don't think we're guaranteed a home game. This should be the most offseason hype we've had in decade at least (Tubby's 2012-13 team started the season unranked). I think this year's game against FSU being a matchup of two of the best teams in their conferences was an accident. It would be pretty sweet to get Duke, Louisville, or Norte Dame at the Barn.

Will the U.S. Bank dry run Final Four game be in the season ticket package? Will they give us a chance to purchase extras before they go on the market? I'm not a fan of playing "home" games in another venue, but this does have a chance at creating some local buzz if we get a decent match-up in the new stadium.

In the Clem era we had a game against California I think that drew a pretty good crowd at the Dome. I wouldn't want the ACC Challenge game there, though. Don's want to give up the real home court advantage.

If we play Duke in the ACC challenge, I want that at Williams Arena. I don't want all those Duke fans who have never set foot on the campus, but for some dumb reason love them, take up a bunch of tickets at US Bank Stadium

Will the U.S. Bank dry run Final Four game be in the season ticket package? Will they give us a chance to purchase extras before they go on the market? I'm not a fan of playing "home" games in another venue, but this does have a chance at creating some local buzz if we get a decent match-up in the new stadium.

In the Clem era we had a game against California I think that drew a pretty good crowd at the Dome. I wouldn't want the ACC Challenge game there, though. Don's want to give up the real home court advantage.

Bobby Jackson's first game. Cal had Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Schedule should shape up to be pretty tough in the non-conference season. Arkansas on the road will be a really good test. The way they usually match teams in the B1G/ACC challenge would indicate we'd likely get a projected top 4-5 team in the ACC provided the Gophers are still projected as that type of team in the B1G. I'd assume we'd play on the road in the Gavitt game as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention we play Ohio State in New York City at Madison Square Garden next year. I am not sure if that counts as a Gopher home game or a Buckeye home game but that distinction will be pretty important.

Bobby Jackson's first game. Cal had Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby was a little rusty because he had been out with an injury, but you could see that he was a player. I think that Cal team also had Jason Kidd. Am I correct?

Can we book Middle Tenn State? I'd like a little bit of revenge even though it won't make up for Thurs

Bobby was a little rusty because he had been out with an injury, but you could see that he was a player. I think that Cal team also had Jason Kidd. Am I correct?

I think Kidd was drafted in 94'

Duke
FL St
Louisville
Notre Dame
Virginia
Clemson
Miami

I hope we play Duke, Louisville, Virginia, or Norte Dame. I bet we get Louisville for the obvious storyline.

The Gophers should want to play a very tough non-conference schedule. The RPI won't be used next year, so playing the good, small school teams as an RPI gimmick may not help our tournament chances next year. Also, this team projects to be a Sweet 16 and Big Ten title contender, we need to play top teams right away to get the team in the right frame of mind. We also need those games for the new kids to learn what to expect against Big Ten competition.

Let's hope we get a tough Big East team, ACC team, and another tough team at U.S. Bank.

We are not going to be in any of the early season tournaments (like Maui, Battle 4 Atlantis, etc.), and that is about all I can add. I have a feeling based on nothing more than my gut that we will play Louisville in the US Bank Stadium game.

We are not going to be in any of the early season tournaments (like Maui, Battle 4 Atlantis, etc.), and that is about all I can add. I have a feeling based on nothing more than my gut that we will play Louisville in the US Bank Stadium game.

Is this something that was confirmed awhile back, or just speculation? I suppose Big Ten/ACC game, plus US Bank game, plus @Arkansas, plus 2 or 3 exempt tournament games, plus a possible Gavitt Tip-Off game might be a bit much. That would be as many as 7 games against power 6 opponents.

Top Bottom