Most Dissappointing statistic

march madness

Reaction score
I could go with the 6-21 on 3's, 29%. But I am more disappointed with the number of 3's we took when everyone and their mother knows its not a strength. While Mason was 1-7, Coffey was 3-7, and McBrayer was 2-5, ok %'s.

But Middle Tenn beat us REBOUNDING! We are a B1G team!
They beat us so bad on the boards Pitino tried to call them a "big" team?

Dixon 6-1, Simpson 6-2, Potts 6-2, JaCorey and Upshaw are 6-8. Walters played well in limited minutes at 6-10 265. Basically the same size as Lynch.
They had 11 offensive rebounds and 37 overall. We had 4 offensive and 24 overall.
Piss Poor!

You can miss shots, you can be inexperienced, you can play a bit unfocussed, but you CANNOT NOT REBOUND!!!! You are the bigger, physical, and slower team!

Tough to outrebound when every big was in foul trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could go with the 6-21 on 3's, 29%. But I am more disappointed with the number of 3's we took when everyone and their mother knows its not a strength. While Mason was 1-7, Coffey was 3-7, and McBrayer was 2-5, ok %'s.

But Middle Tenn beat us REBOUNDING! We are a B1G team!
They beat us so bad on the boards Pitino tried to call them a "big" team?

Dixon 6-1, Simpson 6-2, Potts 6-2, JaCorey and Upshaw are 6-8. Walters played well in limited minutes at 6-10 265. Basically the same size as Lynch.
They had 11 offensive rebounds and 37 overall. We had 4 offensive and 24 overall.
Piss Poor!

You can miss shots, you can be inexperienced, you can play a bit unfocussed, but you CANNOT NOT REBOUND!!!! You are the bigger, physical, and slower team!

All of the above. Combination of poor rebounding, poor outside shooting, and lack of defense later in the game (too tired, Mason hurt, + foul trouble?). Lynch and Curry were way under their season averages in rebounding while Upshaw and and Walters for MTSU were way above their season averages. The butter-fingers issues experienced on occasion during the season seemed to return.

Gotta give credit to their coach. MTSU's zone really made it hard to do our traditional post up game, hence why we shot so many threes. And I don't think they were bad looks at three, just not our strength like you said. Springs would have been an absolute game-changer for us, but his absence is probably the reason they took the defensive approach they did. Our offense wasn't bad all things considered - Pitino even mentioned that. It was the defense that ultimately cost us. And if Lynch doesn't pick up that phantom second foul or the idiotic third foul things could have gone a lot differently imo.

Gotta give credit to their coach. MTSU's zone really made it hard to do our traditional post up game, hence why we shot so many threes. And I don't think they were bad looks at three, just not our strength like you said. Springs would have been an absolute game-changer for us, but his absence is probably the reason they took the defensive approach they did. Our offense wasn't bad all things considered - Pitino even mentioned that. It was the defense that ultimately cost us. And if Lynch doesn't pick up that phantom second foul or the idiotic third foul things could have gone a lot differently imo.

phantom second foul was just as dumb as the third...he pushed the MTS player under the rim for better position when there was no need and not enough traffic for it to go unnoticed by the officials...there were some phantom fouls both ways but that wasn't one imo

Top Bottom