Sid: Fleck told me he offered jobs to Sherels and O’Brien and they turned them down

BleedGopher

Reaction score

If true, interesting. Can't read minds, so don't know what their motivation would be for turning down jobs at the U. Loyalty to Kill/Claeys? Concerns/questions about working for Fleck? Waiting to win the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes?

Didn't mention what jobs they were offered? Maybe neither wanted to be a film analyst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true, interesting. Can't read minds, so don't know what their motivation would be for turning down jobs at the U. Loyalty to Kill/Claeys? Concerns/questions about working for Fleck? Waiting to win the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes?

Neither had a particular loyalty to Kill or Claeys. O'Brien was a holdover from Brewster and had just returned to position coaching after six years as Football Operations Director.

I believe that Sherels (yes I'm going to say it) is physically unable to take a position at this time.

I agree with you Highwayman. It's a really tough nut to swallow to be physically limited even when the mind is willing (talk to anyone over 40 about THAT). Based on everything released to the public regarding his near miss with death and the residuals I don't know if he'll be able to keep up with Fleck's Red Bull crowd going Mach 2 around the country. Seems like he might take a job, any full-time job, at the U not only for the presumedly good insurance but he'll have an opportunity to prove his stamina and work his way back into more of what he wants to do over time.

I would agree with Highway man. Sherels does need to get strong and healthy first. Perhaps the timing isn't just right. He's a good man from what I see and hear, I wish him nothing but the best and perhaps he'll be back with us in the future.

Guessing there is more to this story. Sherels was lobbying for a job in comments at the time of the interviews. Sherels fought to return to coaching...it could be his health but then I would think that would have been reported before now. This all happened almost two months ago now. The time gap for this news is odd.
Anxious to hear what OBrien and Sherels have to say.
I could easily see the loyalty reason but I would think that would have been a story before now. I think we were all under the assumption with Sherels still on the website that he was going to be added with the rule changes of one more coach, if it was enacted. Lots of questions.

Ok- I'm confused. What's the good news?

Sid told me the job was to be his chauffeur ... at $4.50 an hour

Thanks jb- horrible sentence structure. Maybe it's proof Sid still does some of his own writing!

Yeah I had to reread it a couple times because I had the same confusion when I read it the first time. Good news was definitely about the twins but weird choice to pair it with the second sentence the way he did.

Not surprised Fleck offered both of those guys jobs but clearly it wasn't what they were looking for. Hopefully both land on their feet in good situations.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mike Sherels in Gopher Football. Whether under Fleck or somewhere (far?) down the road I think he'll be a part of the program again.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mike Sherels in Gopher Football. Whether under Fleck or somewhere (far?) down the road I think he'll be a part of the program again.

Hope so!

Wouldn't be the first time Sid reports what he'd like to belive.

Top Bottom