Congrats to MTSU!

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
While I would like to say that a couple of less mistakes by our guys or perhaps some better preparation by our team/coach, or a better seeding, or Akeem not getting injured or this... or that... would have given us the game - it doesn't matter.

You guys came in with a good game plan and executed on it to the level that mattered. You proved that the hype was not altogether misplaced. I wish MTSU best of luck against Butler and for the rest of the tournament. Good luck guys!

Both our teams are on the rise. Perhaps we will get a rematch in the next year or two.

Yes they were a very good team. Should have added them to the Big Ten instead of Rutgers.

Give credit where credit is due. They beat us straight up. When we made our run there star player hit that cold blooded three,made winning plays we didn't. Learn from the experience and come back stronger

Agreed. They were simply better. Period.

Look out Butler!!

and as for taking Middle Tennessee State instead of Rutgers? Well, the Tennessee footprint would not be a bad footprint to gain. The bb aspect would be better, I think MTSU has proven that.

Still baffled how #338 FIU could play these guys so close, both home and away? Do they just play down to their lesser opponents then bring their A game when playing the likes of Vandy and Minnesota?

Do they have a football team? Where do they rank in the research rankings?

Rutgers better start contributing in some visible way or they are going to be the butt of EVERY joke in all situations like ours today.

It would be vastly disappointing if they choke against Butler.

Why would Indiana not consider hiring a guy like this MTSU coach Kermit? This guy has a great winning percentage and has been there for 15 years. He clearly can find talent and make the players even better under his tutoring.

His Father was in in the crowd and looked pretty heathy, so the guy is younger than he looks. I'd consider hiring him in the Big Ten, because I have not seen anyone befuddled like the Gophers were today against almost any Big Ten defense, other than when there was a serious talent disadvantage. The last gimmicky defense I recall that ran counter to the rest of the Big Ten was the Dr. Tom Davis press at Iowa.

Not to go all Ruppert, but if I were Illinois or Indiana, I'd look at a guy like the MTSU coach or better yet Musselman at Nevada. On the other hand, Archie MIller at Dayton is the Man, and someone will pay him 4M plus this year.

Why would Indiana not consider hiring a guy like this MTSU coach Kermit? This guy has a great winning percentage and has been there for 15 years. He clearly can find talent and make the players even better under his tutoring.

His Father was in in the crowd and looked pretty heathy, so the guy is younger than he looks. I'd consider hiring him in the Big Ten, because I have not seen anyone befuddled like the Gophers were today against almost any Big Ten defense, other than when there was a serious talent disadvantage. The last gimmicky defense I recall that ran counter to the rest of the Big Ten was the Dr. Tom Davis press at Iowa.

Not to go all Ruppert, but if I were Illinois or Indiana, I'd look at a guy like the MTSU coach or better yet Musselman at Nevada. On the other hand, Archie MIller at Dayton is the Man, and someone will pay him 4M plus this year.

Because IU people are some of the biggest arrogant pricks out there. OMG, its not even funny. They are lowlifes. They have so much pen1s envy towards programs like Kansas and Kentucky, and are very judgemental towards those programs, yet their "God" Bobby Knight can do whatever he wants and is still loved by IU fans. It's hypocrisy at its worst.

So in their arrogance, they would be "offended" if you dared suggest they consider someone as lowly as a coach from Middle Tennessee State.

They were a solid team. Nothing flashy but they executed, played good D, took advantage of every defensive breakdown we had and played with guts. That's a good team. We brought our B- game to the table and that ain't good enough against a veteran, hungry team like that.

Kermit would be a perfect fit at LSU, esides being a good coach. A guy named Kermit coaching basketball in Baton Rouge is just fitting

Look out, Butler, indeed. Minnesota played poorly, but the outcome is no fluke.

Top Bottom