What one word sums up today's performance?

Pathetic

That was the worst performance all year and it came on the biggest stage. There was no excuse to ever be down double digits to that team much less SEVENTEEN! The foul sequence for Lynch started with him fouling when the Gophers had 3 guys there to grab a board and MTSU had just one. The first half consisted of the Gophers missing an ungodly number of WIDE OPEN practice type 3's and at least two horrific Mason drives for errant floaters. Defensively, the Gophers went from locking down MTSU to looking completely clueless for ~20 minutes of game time. From about the ten minute mark of the first half through the 10 minute mark of the second half, I'd bet MTSU scored on 90% of their possessions. The Lynch foul early in the second half....I have no words. That sequence started with Reggie fumbling away an easy opportunity down low and ended with the ridiculous foul.

This is the biggest wasted opportunity in a long time. #5 seed playing in Milwaukee and just completely melted down.

One of the most clueless posts ever.

No, as he admitted, he doesn't watch...until he thinks there's a chance. Bandwagon fan all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good shooting by MTSU

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Have a feeling little Richie is going to be seeing a lot of Zone in the Big Ten next year...Tubby is blushing with how he is having them attack

ZZZ. If a team struggling against it made everyone in the B1G play zone, everyone would have copied Northwestern years ago.

You cannot say this was a successful year. Getting embarrassed by a lesser foe....and #2, well, he has the right number.

GTFO. A team expected to win 18 games and 6 in the B1G won 24 and made the NCAAs. Foolishness.

Four years into a coaching regime they should have much more depth then they do. Very good season - ugly ending

Agreed. Great season until today but Richard seems to have to learn the hard way. You can't go into a season with 3 true scholarship guards and/or fail to develop other players than those guys. You have to anticipate injuries and other forms of attrition. I suspect we might see at least one or two transfers at the end of this season and that Richard will fill one or two of those scholarships with players of some ability rather than banking them in hopes of landing a more coveted recruit down the road.

No, not cursed. Injuries and other defections happen to all teams. You have to have some players capable of filling in when that happens and we didn't.

lackadaisical

Really lacked focus and determination. They played flat footed and without any urgency until they made their run in the second half, and then it was too late.

Flat

Besides the late run where we got within 4, we were completely dominated the entire time

You cannot say this was a successful year. Getting embarrassed by a lesser foe....and #2, well, he has the right number.

Dumbest post ever. One game does not define a successful season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great year, but turd.

Mason was horrendous this game. Had a great year though. Still have his back and can't wait for next year.

Dumbest post ever. One game does not define a successful season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Nasa's M.O. is to provide clueless and ignorant takes. He does it on other forums that I have seen. Not sure if it is a bit, but it just makes him look like an idiot.

Pissed, as pissed the opportunity to be relevant down their collective legs.

The momentum gained by a Saturday game vs. Butler and the win after would have built levels of excitement in the Twin Cities not seen in a very long time.

Now..... ? .... lots if irritation and bitterness, with a side order of mockery from Badger fans.

Top Bottom