Crean just got the Axe!

fd9e37b92207476931c56d60bdb01292.jpg

FCOL! Lighten up

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Wonder if the Gophers lose today will Ewert go with his Minnesota should go after Crean hot take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if the Gophers lose today will Ewert go with his Minnesota should go after Crean hot take?

Nah.... we would have to go after Sid's close personal friend, Bobby Knight.

I would imagine Pitino would not be who they would go after. That's a blue blood program ready to get back to the top, Richard is still young in his career and isn't quite ready for that step yet. I would see them going after Brad Stevens as first choice, maybe Steve Alford second as he is a former alum or maybe Archie Miller.

I would imagine Pitino would not be who they would go after. That's a blue blood program ready to get back to the top, Richard is still young in his career and isn't quite ready for that step yet. I would see them going after Brad Stevens as first choice, maybe Steve Alford second as he is a former alum or maybe Archie Miller.
I don't see Stevens leaving Boston. Alford could be a possibility.

you're referring to HC to HC correct? otherwise, no shortage of coaches moving within their conference, though I can't recall someone going from HC at one team to HC at another

Yes - When Head Coach Bierman left we hired Ohio States Head coach, Wes Fesler. Remember, back then, Minnesota was "Thee" big Ten Power, but it went down hill fast after Bierman left.

I don't see Stevens leaving Boston. Alford could be a possibility.

I don't know, several years ago I remember reading an article where Stevens was saying how Indiana was special to him because that's where his dad took him to watch games and it's where his love of basketball started. I think it will come down to money and recruiting. Not having to recruit at Boston has to be appealing but I think if he doesn't leave for Indiana you can then say he isn't leaving the pros.

I can see Cronin being a good fit for Indiana. I'm really not worried about Pitino going anywhere. We got him his facility, he keeps referring to The Barn as a Wrigley Field type field, and the in-state talent is stacked in the coming years. I can see NC State making a push for Crean.

Crean can always get a job as Tom Arnold's doppelganger.
e71799666acacae1237b3301c8296ac0.jpg

Why not Kermit Davis, they guy can coach.

If I were Indiana I'd hire the Dayton coach, Archie Miller, or even the Xavier coach. They know the area, and know how to recruit and coach.

Why not Kermit Davis, they guy can coach.

If I were Indiana I'd hire the Dayton coach, Archie Miller, or even the Xavier coach. They know the area, and know how to recruit and coach.
I don't think Indiana would have patience for Kermit. 2-4 in the past 15 years in the NCAA tournament

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

My money is on Alford being their next coach.

My money is on Alford being their next coach.

This would be home for him. However he then would be in the shadow of Bobby Knight and I don't think he'd like that.

This would be home for him. However he then would be in the shadow of Bobby Knight and I don't think he'd like that.

The next coach will be the fourth IU coach removed from the Knight era. Plus he wouldn't have to deal with Lavarr Ball anymore lol.

Someone made the analogy between Nebraska football and Indiana basketball and that seems appropriate. The program is not what it once was. Last night on BTN they were singing Crean's praises for digging them out of a hole and he may have, but he also had personality issues which I suspect drove people crazy, thus preventing him from accumulating any goodwill. Things like not showing up at press conferences (or being really late messing with reporters deadlines) suggests he doesn't think about anyone but himself and that is never good. If IU thinks it's going to nab a blue blood guy like Miller from Arizona or even Alford, I think they are mistaken. I can't imagine a successful NBA coach like Stevens going there either. Their best bet is to grab someone with a history who has some success in head coaching. I'm not sure if there is anyone out there beyond Alford, though.

Crean has fallen so far from being the 'hot coach' at Marquette to now this. I think he is self absorbed to the max as well Holy Man. Where will he end up? If he still wants to coach, I'm sure somebody somewhere will give him a shot. NC State? Or, has he burned too many bridges for that level? Back when he had the funky hair cut and D Wade - the world was his oyster... Not so much today.

Crean will end up at Michigan thanks to his brother-in-law.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Never underestimate the politics that go on within a school.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ridiculous. Beilein is one of the 10 best coaches in the game and took them to the national title game. You're delusional.

Someone made the analogy between Nebraska football and Indiana basketball and that seems appropriate. The program is not what it once was. Last night on BTN they were singing Crean's praises for digging them out of a hole and he may have, but he also had personality issues which I suspect drove people crazy, thus preventing him from accumulating any goodwill. Things like not showing up at press conferences (or being really late messing with reporters deadlines) suggests he doesn't think about anyone but himself and that is never good. If IU thinks it's going to nab a blue blood guy like Miller from Arizona or even Alford, I think they are mistaken. I can't imagine a successful NBA coach like Stevens going there either. Their best bet is to grab someone with a history who has some success in head coaching. I'm not sure if there is anyone out there beyond Alford, though.

I'm calling Archie Miller ASAP. Then once Wichita is out of tourney I'm calling Greg Marshall. I would take either to lead my program in a heart beat.

I'd go after Scott Drew. Home state, closer to aging parents and away from that Waco mess. He's proven he can recruit well and has built Baylor into a Top 10 program.

Top Bottom