Crean just got the Axe!

Otis

Reaction score
Let the Pitino rumor mill start to spin!

Cue the "will Richard Pitino be the IU coach?" threads

smh... smh... and they call me negative.

Why not focus on what we can do to retain him if it is that important?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They aren't being negative. They are pointing out others' probable negativity. There's a difference, Ewe.

There's a huge difference between negativity and blind anti-Gopherism Ewert.

Why not focus on what we can do to retain him if it is that important?

Dude.

Merely pointing out that the sports media will start to write about the possibility of Pitino jumping ship to coach at Indiana. I hope we give him a raise to stay!

Just in general, I know Pitino has done a good job, but does anyone see him as the "sexy hire" at this point that a school like Indiana would want?

I'm thinking they'd be more likely to chase a Buzz Williams or some fledging pro coach. How is the Mayor doing in Chicago? Is he ready to look for new work?

The Mayor is doing lousy in Chicago and rampant rumors floating about town have him eager to get out and return to college. I've heard Illinois as a possible landing spot; not sure he would be the right guy at IU.

Just in general, I know Pitino has done a good job, but does anyone see him as the "sexy hire" at this point that a school like Indiana would want?

I'm thinking they'd be more likely to chase a Buzz Williams or some fledging pro coach. How is the Mayor doing in Chicago? Is he ready to look for new work?

I actually think the Mayor would be open to the opportunity, the Bulls organization has been a train wreck and their star players don't really seem to listen to him. Maybe Billy D could be open, just lost Durant, seems inevitable that Westbrook will leave too, he has done about as much as he can there with the hand he has been dealt, don't think he signed up for a gig where management loses his franchise players. Stevens seems to be in a good spot in Beantown. Or could they bring the chosen one Steve Alford home and lure him from UCLA.

There are about a million variables but maybe Crean getting fired helps the Gophers. Crean seemed to kind of be an every other year kind of guy. They started out picked by some to win the Big Ten..beat Kansas and North Carolina. They collapsed. I think he may have resurrected them next year. Now, hopefully, Gophers wise...some guys at Indiana leave...the new guy establishes his culture...finds his guys and they are pedestrian next year.

I think Richard is here. Alford's kid graduates. I think he'd probably love to tell UCLA to shove it and return home. Especially if UCLA has a nice run.

Not sure I agree with this, but...:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

When was the last to time a coach changed schools within a conference?

There are about a million variables but maybe Crean getting fired helps the Gophers. Crean seemed to kind of be an every other year kind of guy. They started out picked by some to win the Big Ten..beat Kansas and North Carolina. They collapsed. I think he may have resurrected them next year. Now, hopefully, Gophers wise...some guys at Indiana leave...the new guy establishes his culture...finds his guys and they are pedestrian next year.

I think Richard is here. Alford's kid graduates. I think he'd probably love to tell UCLA to shove it and return home. Especially if UCLA has a nice run.

Indiana Basketball is starting to remind me of Cornhusker football.

They keep changing coaches thinking they are the premier place and they should be #1 every year.
But they aren't what they used to be. <clinging to the past>

I wish they would bring back Bobby!

That would be awesome!

Richard Pitino will not be a candidate at IU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in B10

When was the last to time a coach changed schools within a conference?

Although, way back in History it happened, there is an unwritten B10 understanding for BB and Football (Maybe other sports also) that you don't hire from
another B10 School.

In 1950 (or 51) Mn hired Wes Fezler from Ohio State in Football.

Although, way back in History it happened, there is an unwritten B10 understanding for BB and Football (Maybe other sports also) that you don't hire from
another B10 School.

In 1950 (or 51) Mn hired Wes Fezler from Ohio State in Football.

you're referring to HC to HC correct? otherwise, no shortage of coaches moving within their conference, though I can't recall someone going from HC at one team to HC at another

Great question. With today's recruits (15-18 year olds) I say no.

Go Gophers!!

I bet they are blue blood in their 200 mile radius. I agree they likely are not any longer in New York, Florida, California etc And why I see Alford as their #1 candidate...best pairing...return to glory, graduate of IU, one of us mentality, restore the pride, Alford's passion to make Indiana basketball relevant again, and on Alford's part restore Bob Knight's accomplishments and reputation. Plus, Alford has to want to feel appreciated...he's not at UCLA...going home seems like it's the right time.
However, I have no idea who the AD is or what his mentality is...Alford could be his last choice.

Two B1G titles in the last five years, just not enough I guess.

Hoiberg anybody.

IU =
giphy.gif

If you would give yourself a little history lesson by going back and reading most of your posts, they are extremely negative. We all know that apparently except you.

I wonder where Crean ends up?

He'd be fine at Illinois, wouldn't he?

If you would give yourself a little history lesson by going back and reading most of your posts, they are extremely negative. We all know that apparently except you.
I would disagree, but that probably just puts another mark in the negativity column.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom