NCAA Tournament - First and Second Round Other Games Thread

Dullest first day ever? No upsets except Gophers and not much excitement.
Xavier over Maryland?
Lots of good games. Vandy v. NW was fun and crazy. ND probably should have lost to Princeton. Dunk City v. Free Shoe University was fun.

If Michigan never misses another 3, they'll win the national title. This is ridiculous.

Can't stand Michigan. Especially #5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Northwestern's win yesterday, that leaves only Nebraska as a member of a power 5 conference never to have won an NCAA Tourney game.

Gotta feel for Oklahoma State. To make that a one point game with the shots that were going for Michigan is just crazy.

I don't always mind Michigan, but after how much they complained about Mason getting first team all conference over Walton, I wouldn't have minded seeing them lose. I did pick Michigan in my bracket though at least.

Well, the way Walton's been playing the last month, he certainly was deserving. Not saying Nate wasn't, but that was a coin flip for first team between those two.

I don't always mind Michigan, but after how much they complained about Mason getting first team all conference over Walton, I wouldn't have minded seeing them lose. I did pick Michigan in my bracket though at least.

Well, the way Walton's been playing the last month, he certainly was deserving. Not saying Nate wasn't, but that was a coin flip for first team between those two.

Yeah Walton is good and was probably deserving, but damn, they were pissed about it. Maybe it's a positive sign that some people are starting to dislike us, and we can be more than the occasional plucky underdog.

The theme that keeps coming up over and over as I watch these games is impenetrable zone defenses. I just watched Arkansas' powerhouse offense continue to dribble drive into Seton Hall's zone without a plan. I guess, no matter what the defense is, if you don't face something like it regularly, any team can find it hard to solve.

SMU losing to USC means an at-large play-in winner has won at least a second game all seven years they've had 68 teams.

It also means one of my elite 8 teams is gone. I thought SMU was a little underrated.

SMU losing to USC means an at-large play-in winner has won at least a second game all seven years they've had 68 teams.

It also means one of my elite 8 teams is gone. I thought SMU was a little underrated.
I too fell for SMU and thought they would make some noise.
You remember the big upsets, but this year seems very vanilla. I am sure if I went back, there are years like this one, but right now, Round 1 seems very boring.

I too fell for SMU and thought they would make some noise.
You remember the big upsets, but this year seems very vanilla. I am sure if I went back, there are years like this one, but right now, Round 1 seems very boring.

I agree, not a lot of big upsets and not a lot of exciting finishes.

I believed the ACC hype and just lost my first Elite 8 team in Notre Dame. :mad:

Why do I have a feeling of inevitability that Wisconsin will beat the #1 overall seed?

Why do I have a feeling of inevitability that Wisconsin will beat the #1 overall seed?

Because you are a Minnesotan at heart and probably have a lot of Badger fans in your ear. But 'Nova is struggling and it could happen, and that would be very bad on many levels.

They definitely could. Boy they could be hurting in the future though without Koening there to bail out every one of their possessions.

Nova usually starts slow and just has a knack of figuring it all out.

Seriously? You just joined a rival board, and during "your" 2nd round game, you spend your time over here?

haha What a loser.

All I hear from badger fans all the time is how irrelevant we are. Yet, look at how many of their fans run over here every time someone says something bad about their team. And look at buckyville, they always have several threads about the Gophers. Actually don't go there, your IQ will automatically drop 50 points.

Should we really be surprised that Hayes can grab the guy's jersey without playing for the ball, and not have it be more than a common foul?

So, all we heard yesterday is how you call a flagrant 1 if you foul a guy on purpose when you aren't making a play on the ball. So why wasn't that called on Hayes?

Lol, I would bet they go to the final four for the 3rd time in four years at this point. Meanwhile we've won one tournament game in 20 years.

Top Bottom