Thinking Ahead -

Rog

Reaction score
I know , this is not the time but - I can't help it.

All the team are back for next year and the recruiting class looks very good.

And the new building going up!

How can I keep from being optimistic?

But wait - BEAT Tennessee State!!

GO GOPHERS!!

I know , this is not the time but - I can't help it.

All the team are back for next year and the recruiting class looks very good.

And the new building going up!

How can I keep from being optimistic?

But wait - BEAT Tennessee State!!

GO GOPHERS!!

Leave Tennessee State alone. What did they ever do to you?

I think you are thinking too much ahead and avoiding the elephant in the room. What happens when we run out of storage space to store NCAA championship trophys? Do the current plans account for expansion in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we will win today. Have them going to the sweet 16 in my bracket, though a match up with Butler I think will be tough. Either way I'm proud of this team no matter what happens today, the team had a great turnaround this season and I think this is only the beginning.

Next year's team looks so good on paper... Perhaps it's the MN sports fan in me but I'm really trying not to get too excited. That said we should be at least 9 deep with solid contributors, with a talented and experienced starting 5.

1 - Mason, Washington
2 - McBrayer, Harris
3 - Coffey, Fitzgerald/Hurt
4 - Murphy, Curry
5 - Lynch, Konate

I believe we will win today. Have them going to the sweet 16 in my bracket, though a match up with Butler I think will be tough. Either way I'm proud of this team no matter what happens today, the team had a great turnaround this season and I think this is only the beginning.

I made it easier to go the sweet 16 on my bracket...I have Butler losing against Winthrop. And since I am reigning Gopherhole Bracket Champion I am confident I got it right...so confident I already have a hotel room and tickets for Memphis. Go Gophers!

I need this thread now....

Hoping we can add a transfer big as well. Been trying to hold off getting excited for next year until this year ended, and now I'm completely in 2017-18 mode.

Although I am excited, I am also worried. We need shooters (which from all accounts, at least one of the incoming freshmen is a shooter), and we need more serviceable big men (which it doesn't look like we will be getting any help) We also gotta stop the Minnesota nice and get rid of the dead weight on the bench.

I need this thread now....

Hoping we can add a transfer big as well. Been trying to hold off getting excited for next year until this year ended, and now I'm completely in 2017-18 mode.

Agreed and nothing wrong with that. The team played poorly today, no getting around it.

Accept the loss, let it hurt for a bit and try to make something better happen next year.

Certainly depth is needed. Some transfers might not hurt to open up some spots. As pointed out need another big and more shooters.

I wouldn't count on an incoming freshman no matter how good of shooter to take on the Springs role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year you have more depth. Not necessarily a better player than springs, but depth is important.

A scholarship opening up would be nice. Especially if someone *couch* Jericho Sims *couch* wanted to come in.

Experience will help with our present freshmen and sophomores. The two rookies will add to that depth. Bring on the off-season training and get em' next year.

Hoping Pitino adds a grad-transfer SG or SF that can shoot. That's far more important in college basketball than another big guy. They have plenty of big guys, just need them to stop committing stupid fouls.

Next year you have more depth. Not necessarily a better player than springs, but depth is important.

A scholarship opening up would be nice. Especially if someone *couch* Jericho Sims *couch* wanted to come in.

Depth is indeed important, as we saw *sofa* today *sofa*.

Really need to add a rotation player this Spring. I could see an argument for a big or a guard/wing. A big who Pitino could trust more than Konate would be nice, but not sure how realistic that is on the transfer market. A stronger guard/wing that can shoot (really hope for another Springs, but wouldn't need to be that good) would really help next year. Dupree will still be thin and Jamir Harris is a very small two guard. It would be nice to have an option to be more physical at that spot.

Top Bottom