STrib: Middle Tennessee big men not impressed with Gophers' Reggie Lynch

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Middle Tennessee players Reggie Upshaw and Jacorey Williams were asked what they thought about going against the Big Ten’s top shot blocker when they play Thursday against Gophers center Reggie Lynch.

Their response was that Lynch wouldn’t intimidate them because they already beaten Vanderbilt with a similar rim protector in 7-footer Luke Kornet earlier in the season.

“The whole time leading into that game, we just heard about how he kind of alters shots and he’s basically going to dominate us in the post,” Upshaw said. “It was a different story when we got out there.”

Lynch, who was told about MTSU’s comments, took offense to being compared to Kornet.

“Luke Kornet is really not like anything close to me,” the 6-foot-10, 260-pound junior from Edina said. “If they want to talk trash they can. We’re just going to not think about that and try to prepare the same way. But Luke Kornet is a 7-footer who blocks half as many shots as me and is kind of soft. So it’s not speaking too much about how I play. I’m much more physical and a defensive presence than he is.”

Lynch and Gophers All-Big Ten forward Jordan Murphy, who averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds and nearly five blocks combined this season, will see if the Blue Raiders big men can back up their talk.

“All year we’ve faced guys who were bigger than us and considered more physical before the game,” Williams, the Conference USA player of the year, said. “I think me and Reggie (Upshaw) play well off each other and cause mismatch problems. “

http://www.startribune.com/middle-t...mpressed-with-gophers-reggie-lynch/416264044/

Go Gophers!!

Have these guys ever played the game of basketball? Comparing Lynch and Kornet is ridiculous.

Clearly a violation of the unofficial "don't insult your opponent" rule. I hope Lynch knocks back a dozen or so on them.

Clearly a violation of the unofficial "don't insult your opponent" rule. I hope Lynch knocks back a dozen or so on them.

I hope he is not so intent on doing so that he picks up two quick fouls and spends 18 minutes of the first half on the bench.

White board material

(Had to modernize it)

Their forwards aren't fearful at all of our post players who almost lead the nation in blocks. Why would they be? West north Nashville college has two pretty good guys who are taller than average and they did good against those guys. You could probably lock the locker room doors and put 2 feet of concrete behind it and our guys are going to either run through it or just jump through the ceiling. I'd loooove to hear pitino talk to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per Marcus:

Middle Tennessee players Reggie Upshaw and Jacorey Williams were asked what they thought about going against the Big Ten’s top shot blocker when they play Thursday against Gophers center Reggie Lynch.

Their response was that Lynch wouldn’t intimidate them because they already beaten Vanderbilt with a similar rim protector in 7-footer Luke Kornet earlier in the season.

“The whole time leading into that game, we just heard about how he kind of alters shots and he’s basically going to dominate us in the post,” Upshaw said. “It was a different story when we got out there.”

Lynch, who was told about MTSU’s comments, took offense to being compared to Kornet.

“Luke Kornet is really not like anything close to me,” the 6-foot-10, 260-pound junior from Edina said. “If they want to talk trash they can. We’re just going to not think about that and try to prepare the same way. But Luke Kornet is a 7-footer who blocks half as many shots as me and is kind of soft. So it’s not speaking too much about how I play. I’m much more physical and a defensive presence than he is.”

Lynch and Gophers All-Big Ten forward Jordan Murphy, who averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds and nearly five blocks combined this season, will see if the Blue Raiders big men can back up their talk.

“All year we’ve faced guys who were bigger than us and considered more physical before the game,” Williams, the Conference USA player of the year, said. “I think me and Reggie (Upshaw) play well off each other and cause mismatch problems. “

http://www.startribune.com/middle-t...mpressed-with-gophers-reggie-lynch/416264044/

Go Gophers!!

Definitely bulletin board material and will add some spice for when we play Vandy in the championship game :)

Top Bottom