***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well this certainly isn't fun. Complete ineptitude. Hats off to MTSU for kicking us while we are down.

This one is over. I hate to say it but we've been embarrassed. Mason and mcbrayer and Lynch and curry and Konate all need to take long looks at themselves in the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game set match....we were out played....out coached...mason does not understand how to beat a zone..

It is rather amazing that we don't have a better approach against a zone trap. Is it the coaching or players executing? Tubby never knew how to attack a zone either. McBrayer looked like he had never seen a zone, dribbling right into double teams. Those high lob passes don't get it done.

MTSU shooting 55.3 and 60% behind the arc. With decent D on the perimeter. The big factor is we're getting killed on the boards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the bright side. We don't have to worry about other schools throwing a bunch of cash at Pitino after this embarrassment.

There will be rumors within 48 hours. Book it.

The NCAA set this up for a strong possibility of a loss in this game. There is no way MT is a 12 seed.

Pitino should bench Lynch the rest of the game. Maybe it would help him learn how to play for next year. What a disappointment. The guy is a damn idiot. This loss is 100% on him.

Glad I didn't drive down to Milwaukee. Would be too drunk to drive home til like tomorrow evening.

I think Nate Mason is still at the Hotel, not sure who that is on the floor.

It was pretty clear this was going to be a loss before the fouls started. The Pitino offense against the zone consisted of throwing dangerous, slow passes side to side, and chucking up threes. There was zero transition offense all game, then it all went to hell when MTSU started scoring on about every single possession.

This was the worst game of the year and they saved it for the NCAA. I do not care about the Springs injury, it is no excuse for this steam pile of crap.

Pitino should bench Lynch the rest of the game. Maybe it would help him learn how to play for next year. What a disappointment. The guy is a damn idiot. This loss is 100% on him.
I disagree 100% not on him. McBrayer is out there chucking and dribbling into pressure. Mason in love with his broke jump shot. Guards defending selectively because they have to play all game.

So many things.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Don't give up on this team. They haven't quit all year. Cmon Gophers! Still can do this.

So predictably Minnesota to be the sacrificial 5 seed to lose to a 12.

Outcoached? How so? He didn't commit stupid fouls. He didn't play ole defense. We're understaffed. No depth at all.

Clueless about attacking a zone.

Outcoached? How so? He didn't commit stupid fouls. He didn't play ole defense. We're understaffed. No depth at all.

for starters how about our lame approach to the zone?

True, but we clearly have NO idea what to do against this zone.

The worst part about this is how much the hicks on buckyville will enjoy this

Everyone, if your offense has no plan for a zone, that's on the coach.

It is rather amazing that we don't have a better approach against a zone trap. Is it the coaching or players executing? Tubby never knew how to attack a zone either. McBrayer looked like he had never seen a zone, dribbling right into double teams. Those high lob passes don't get it done.

Not true at all. Gophers have had plenty of good, open looks. They just arent hitting them. They really really really really needed Springs

I disagree 100% not on him. McBrayer is out there chucking and dribbling into pressure. Mason in love with his broke jump shot. Guards defending selectively because they have to play all game.

So many things.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

At least they are able to be on the floor. Lynch can't even do that.

Everyone quit being so negative.

We had an eight game winning streak. We have The Big Ten Coach of the Year. We have the first team Big Ten point guard. We have the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. That means we should win this game.

C'mon! Get positive!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom