***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow to start the in-game thread. I want to tip it off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short rotation, we HAVE to stay out of foul trouble. Take it to them inside, don't turn the ball over and show them what a physical Big Ten team can do. MTSU won't be intimidated by us. They haven't lost in a long time, so if they get down early, they will be in unfamiliar territory.

GET 'ER DONE NCAA TOURNAMENT STYLE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the guys can thrive off becoming the "underdogs" in the eyes of the public. Media has provided plenty of bulletin board material this week so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow to start the in-game thread. I want to tip it off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short rotation, we HAVE to stay out of foul trouble. Take it to them inside, don't turn the ball over and show them what a physical Big Ten team can do. MTSU won't be intimidated by us. They haven't lost in a long time, so if they get down early, they will be in unfamiliar territory.

GET 'ER DONE NCAA TOURNAMENT STYLE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A GET 'ER DONE for a game in the dance...such a joy to read Stan! Let's go!

I'm happy this game is tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I could make it until a Friday night game.

This thread is a little early, but, Go Gophers!!!

Early but welcome! How many pages will we have before the game even tips?

Waited 4 years for this game, great draw, great game time, great bracket, and we have a great group of 6, LET'S GO!!!!

Go Gophers!!

so pumped for this game....got the afternoon off

Can't wait for this game! Not sure my heart can take a barn-burner, so let's just blow them out! Go Gophers!

Hope Pitino is pounding into them that MTSU plays multiple zones.... and in practice is showing them how to beat the zones, and the players get it. Put Amir on the FT line and run the offense off that....IF they get it, I see Reggie having a big game scoring down on the block and kick-outs to both Nate and Dupree.

We have the talent to go to the Sweet 16 in this bracket. Have to limit turnovers, rebound and pound the rock inside. Mason has to play a very strong game. I am annoyed at how all the talking heads are picking MTSU but we have to earn respect.

Who do we play? Are they any good? [emoji12]

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stay out of foul trouble and keep the ball moving against the MTSU zone and the Gophers should be fine. With the longer TV timeouts, I don't see more than Curry and Konate coming off the bench, unless the guards get in foul trouble.

The biggest thing on offense against the zone is to not stand around with the ball, keep it moving. Coffey could have a huge game. Get him the ball in the high post and he either gets a mid-range shot or the defense comes up and he can dump it off to Lynch or Murphy for a dunk. Defensive rebounding is also tough out of a zone because you're defending an area and not a man, so crash the glass on offense.

One big key on defense is to not be fooled by shot fakes. We've had a lot of guys lately get up in the air and foul after a shot fake. Study the scouting report and know who the shooters are. Get your hands up and force them to shoot over you.

Most of all, have fun and embrace the moment. There will be some nerves, first NCAA Tourney game for all of them. Get whatever jitters there are out by the first media timeout and go play. You deserve to be there, so take advantage of the opportunity.

It won't be a blowout, but if the Gophers execute it's a game they should win by 7-10. My hope is that it feels like they're never really threatened to lose but still get tested.

I forgot about the longer time outs. This will help.

I was honestly more skeptical before the Nebraska game. I'm willing to send out a 4 man rotation, all dehydrated, consisting of just Mason-Coffey-Murphy-Lynch and still feel confident.

have any Timberwolves players or other professional athletes in the Twin Cities given a shout out to the basketball team?

I was honestly more skeptical before the Nebraska game. I'm willing to send out a 4 man rotation, all dehydrated, consisting of just Mason-Coffey-Murphy-Lynch and still feel confident.

Referee: You need one more, coach.
Coach Norman Dale: My team's on the floor!

Is it time yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttt???????????

The press isn't going to giveGophers a sniff of respect - pretty much the team's mantra, unless they take down UNC.

I don't care, but national NCAA basketball 'experts' are very lazy

Hopefully everyone ignoring us should help both keep the pressure off and motivate the team.

This team has the talent to win at least 2 games in the tournament. Hopefully they can pull it off.

It would be nice for some sweet 16 experience to help with our final 4 run next year

Top Bottom