***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Learning experience for our young team. Will come back mentally stronger next year and for the better. This sucks but just have to get over it. The future still looks bright.

There's always next year.... or the year after that....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

You can quit now and go back to your mother's basement. We would rather not have you around. Your character is obviously horrible.

Next year...bummer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Considering we were picked 13th in the B1G, I'm not going to lose my mind over this. As someone posted at the end of the B1G, "the rest is gravy". Sure, would have loved to see a win, but lack of depth, inexperience and arguably the worst game of the year for our first team all B1G performer...was a bad mix. Future looks bright. Ski-U-Mah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And Northwestern will win, getting an easier draw as an 8 than we did as a 5, although I'm not sure we could've beaten a 16 today.

You can see Richard knows we have no one except McBrayer, thus the plays for McBrayer. Mason's big goose egg. Lynch's dumb fouls. No bench.

To be more of a factor next year, we need shooters. We need to get rid of dead weight on our bench. We need more decent big men.

I guess everyone was right... we were rightfully the underdog.

The shooters are coming and I believe Mr Hurt will be one of them.

Hot take.

Gophers should go after Crean. Another one of your hot takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot Take: Pitino is not a good coach. This loss is on him. It's easy to take credit for an eight game win streak, but the way this team fell apart after it ended is all coaching.

There's always next year.... or the year after that....

f08538d14a7afdfd8bc145bf734efd6c.jpg

Lol. You are pretty used to failure aren't you?

Lets be real...without Springs this team was a 6 or 7 seed... and MTSU is clearly good enough to be a 7... everyone knew this was a toss up game, whoever wanted it more anNd made the shots would win . that was MTSU , clearly. We got hosed by the committee, is one way to view it.

Ruppert should be happy. Pitino got a T

Hot Take: Pitino is not a good coach. This loss is on him. It's easy to take credit for an eight game win streak, but the way this team fell apart after it ended is all coaching.

Your mother is calling for you.

f08538d14a7afdfd8bc145bf734efd6c.jpg

Lol. You are pretty used to failure aren't you?
Yes. I supported Gopher football in that God awful toilet during my undergrad years. Remember in the 80s when nobody cared about Gopher sports.

No tourney experience (coach or team) not deep with losing a key player - this "new" team together this season and gave us quite a journey - with a deeper more experienced roster next year we will make some noise next year

It was a fun season. Looking forward to next year. Go gophers!

#coacheslivesmatter

Ewert, why bother being fan. All you do is dog Pitino constantly and then when he wins youre back on the bandwagon. I think we'd be better off without you if youre just going to be a complete idiot. I honestly question whether you actually support the team. It was great during that 8 game win streak when you went missing. Anytime they lose you show up just to rip them. This season went FAR beyond our expectations and we should appreciate the job Pitino did. With that being said, the bar has been raised for next year, the boys need to learn from this and come back hungrier next year.

Well done MTSU. I think the Springs injury was key. We didn't win either of our last two games without him. I think we're set up to be solid next year... we were overseeded at 5 - next year I think we hit 5 to 6 legitimately with the experience and recruits.

Mason had a really bad day, we lost the boards and Lynch getting a couple of silly fouls-those were the keys. The latter two are of course related. Lynch gives us the inside presence and he couldn't stay on the court. Too bad we didn't have Springs, another shooter would have been great against that defense...

MTSU is a solid team. Best of luck to them.

Off season time boys- it's time to get better and come back on a mission!

Top Bottom