***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Played an uninspired first half, Mason did nothing and MTSU couldn't miss for about 12 minutes. Only down six? This game is there for the taking. Now it's up to the guys to actually do it

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yuck. Played to mid tenn rather than dictating play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, down 6 while playing maybe our worst half of Basketball says a lot about our competition. This should really be a blow out.

No effort. How the hell are we so flat? I don't understand. Mason looks like a zombie out there. Curry continuing his trend of terrible defensive play. We are getting easy buckets and foul shots off penetration. Hopefully Pitino is telling them to stop settling for jumpers. I think we need to pick up the pace on offense to put more pressure on their zone.

Yeah, down 6 while playing maybe our worst half of Basketball says a lot about our competition. This should really be a blow out.
agreed. I think if Lynch didn't get those 2 quick fouls it would've been a different 1st half.

+1. Masons missed 3 3s from the exact same spot.

I mean, that stuff happens. Shooting comes and goes. In the absence of shooting, though, they have almost nothing on the offensive boards, either, which is weird. And then MTSU hit everything for a stretch there, and with 3 starters struggling, that's not a good thing.

Lynch has been swiping at the ball all game. He's lucky to have only been called for the last 2, because he probably deserved 1 or 2 earlier as well. Gophers are failing to take the ball strong to the hoop. When they are going in, MTSU is fouling them. The fouls are getting called, and yet the Gophers still didn't force 10+ fouls on MTSU in the half, which is awful. McBrayer is the only one driving from outside the zone, and he drives right into traffic and gets the ball stripped or tied up. Mason had several opportunities where the side was clear for him 1-on-1, and he isn't taking those opportunities. McBrayer's 3 to end their last possession of the half was huge, gotta get back some mojo.

MTSU is more athletic and skilled than I thought. They lack size (other than the girth of Potts), but otherwise it seems pretty laughable that they were stuck with a #12 seed. Between they and Wisconsin, and perhaps Purdue, those 3 teams, IMO, got the rawest deals on their seeds. MTSU, for the first of those 3, is proving that correct so far.

Shooting percentages will reverse in the second half. Book it.

agreed. I think if Lynch didn't get those 2 quick fouls it would've been a different 1st half.

Really, really dumb fouls. The first one was arguably no foul, but he got away with 1 or 2 earlier so same difference.

Where is Mason, his presence is badly needed.

We got controlled the first half - another learning game for pitino - he's come back from worse(last year) hopefully he learns from it.

We're getting open looks. Just haven't knocked them down.

Sounds like a lot of chaos if you read this thread. Down 6. Haven't found a groove yet. I'm optimistic.

Sounds like a lot of chaos if you read this thread. Down 6. Haven't found a groove yet. I'm optimistic.

Yes let's go! Play better defense and I like our chances

We've been getting wide open threes all game long. We just need to make a couple in a row and this game will change quickly.

I had it on and they were.
I got the broadcast a the begining of the game. Now it has switched to some sports interview show that has nothing to do with the Gophers or their game in progress.

outrebounded 22-11. That shouldn't happen.

We got controlled the first half - another learning game for pitino - he's come back from worse(last year) hopefully he learns from it.

We missed the open shots they made. They got a ton of rebounds because we so many shots. We have to clean up a few things on defense, keep Lynch in the game and out of foul trouble, and make some shots...we'll be okay. Get after 'em in the first five minutes of the 2nd half!

Can someone explain why we don't seem to send players to the hoop for offensive rebounds on mid to long-range shots? There's never anyone within 15 feet for the potential Board. Maybe to avoid fouling and to prevent fast breaks?

You're going to be okayayayayyyy say the god damn words...i'm gonna be okayayayyyyy

-Reservoir Dogs

Top Bottom