Dean Blais resigns as Nebraska-Omaha hockey coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

Nebraska-Omaha announced that hockey coach Dean Blais resigned Tuesday. Blais led North Dakota to national championships in 1997 and 2000 before moving on to Omaha.

“I have been extremely fortunate in my career to work in so many good places with so many people who care about the game of hockey,” Blais said in a statement. “Omaha is one of those places. Our administration, led by Trev Alberts and Mike Kemp, have been very supportive during my time as UNO head coach, and our fans are some of the best in college hockey.

“And more than anything else, I have forged so many great relationships with our student-athletes, many of whom have gone on to play in the National Hockey League. They were great students, and great people. In the end, that’s what I appreciate the most. Jackie and I are going to miss Omaha, and we are looking forward to the next chapter.”

In eight seasons as the Mavericks’ coach, Blais had a 146-133-30 record and led them to the 2015 Frozen Four.

http://www.startribune.com/dean-blais-resigns-as-nebraska-omaha-hockey-coach/416155924/

Go Gophers!!

I would never have cheered for UNO if it would have hurt the Gophers, but when it didn't hurt the Gophers, I was always cheering for Blais' team. Only because he's a former Gopher. Hope he finds great success or at least great happiness in whatever he ends up doing next.

Is the writing on the wall for Lucia?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom