Pioneer Press: Gophers, P.J. Fleck send $600K to Western Michigan, report says

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

P.J. Fleck and the University of Minnesota have settled the $600,000 buyout owed to Western Michigan, mlive.com reported Tuesday.

Fleck was hired by the Gophers on Jan. 6, and per the terms of an early exit from his contract with Western Michigan, the college football coach owed the school that amount.

Fleck’s contract with Minnesota included a clause to cover that sum:

“The University (of Minnesota) will cover the cost of any buyout or early termination provision in Coach’s current contract of employment (with Western Michigan) with Coach’s current employer up to a max of $600,000.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/1...les-buyout-with-western-michigan-report-says/

Go Gophers!!

That's a lot of money fro WMU, but way less than Bohl's buyout was I belive.

Plus the RTB $, plus the Cotton Bowl $... but $ can't buy happiness, I'm guessing.

For $600k he should at least be able to text their players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drinking my morning Amir Coffey and my eyes are still a bit watery.

I read the headline as roughly, "Pioneer Press: Gophers, P.J. Fleck sent $600 to Western Michigan recruit" and thought....

NO!!!!!!!!

Drinking my morning Amir Coffey and my eyes are still a bit watery.

I read the headline as roughly, "Pioneer Press: Gophers, P.J. Fleck sent $600 to Western Michigan recruit" and thought....

NO!!!!!!!!

Funny! My first reaction to the headline was, "Holy Cow, I thought the 'Row the Boat' trademark was more like $60k not $600k!"

Top Bottom