KWTX: Baylor fires football official for sending inappropriate text messages

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KWTX:

Another Baylor athletics official has been fired amid the university's sex assault scandal.

KWTX learned Monday the university dismissed DeMarkco Butler, the associate director for football operations, over inappropriate text messages.

Butler was just hired by the university last month.

While Butler was let go because of inappropriate texts to a teenager, a school official indicated they were sent to an individual who was an adult under Texas statute.

When asked about the firing Monday, David Kaye, Baylor's director of athletics communications said in a statement, "DeMarkco Butler is no longer employed by Baylor University. As a personnel matter, we have no further comment."

Butler is the second person hired under new head football coach Matt Rhule the school has had to terminate.

Brandon Washington, Rhule's newly hired assistant strength coach, was fired after he was arrested in a prostitution sting in early February.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Ba...tml?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_kwtx

Go Gophers!!

Sad. They just can't catch a break. Maybe they're taking all of Minnesota's luck with that.

I know a gazillion Baylor grads, and they are among the nicest people I know. This has GOT
to be making them want to just hurl.....

Just hired a month ago.... like man take it easy for a bit...

I know a gazillion Baylor grads, and they are among the nicest people I know. This has GOT
to be making them want to just hurl.....

Would think they already emptied themselves after Dave Bliss and murder of a player by a teammate.

Top Bottom