ESPN: LaVar Ball wants to package 3 sons for $1 billion shoe deal

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

LaVar Ball has a price for his sons: $1 billion.

The father of UCLA guard Lonzo Ball and his brothers LiAngelo and LaMelo, high schoolers who are also committed to the Bruins, said he's looking for a packaged shoe deal involving his three sons that would be worth $1 billion.

"A billion dollars, it has to be there," Ball told USA Today in an article published Monday. "That's our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don't even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 million a year."

LaVar said last month that if Lonzo didn't sign with Nike, Adidas or Under Armour when he left college for the NBA, he would sign with the Big Baller Brand.

LaVar filed for the trademark to the phrase last year, and was granted the trademark last week for use on athletic apparel. Ball is still waiting for the trademark to the actual logo, which features three "B's" for the sons and the motto "Built For This."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18901427/lavar-ball-seeks-combined-1-billion-shoe-deal-three-sons

Go Gophers!!

As talented as the kids are, I wouldn't want to deal with Lavar

How much did UCLA shell out for all 3 kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll cheer against UCLA for the rest of eternity! I already thought very little of them knowing that they cheated during their record Title run.

We are now seeing the making of the Kardashians of basketball. The price for their lifestyle is too great for me but to each his own.

We are now seeing the making of the Kardashians of basketball. The price for their lifestyle is too great for me but to each his own.

Big Baller Brand is a terrible name. This dad needs let go and let his grown children make decisions for themselves. Also he(dad) said he could have taken MJ 1 on 1 in his prime! Maybe hes just going with the Trump strategy, to stay in the news
and increase his "Big Baller' brand

Big Baller Brand is a terrible name. This dad needs let go and let his grown children make decisions for themselves. Also he(dad) said he could have taken MJ 1 on 1 in his prime! Maybe hes just going with the Trump strategy, to stay in the news
and increase his "Big Baller' brand

He's only got one grown kid.

LaVar is a loudmouth and says plenty of stupid things AND there's no real need for him to be as public as he is. That said I've got no issue with him trying to capitalize on these kid's talent. Everyone else does, why not the family. Why is it ok for agents to hawk in to make money off the kids but not for their own family to keep things inhouse and make money off their own brand? I wouldn't be shocked if it started a trend. Sort of like when rappers stopped signing terrible record deals, formed their own labels and signed distribution deals instead meaning they made 80 cents on the dollar instead of 5 like they'd been getting.

Anyone notice this?

"A billion dollars, it has to be there," Ball told USA Today in an article published Monday. "That's our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don't even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 million a year."

I would sell me three sons for only $900 million.

Makes Mr. Humphries look pretty tame. I won't be recommending any parenting classes taught by Mr. Ball. We can only hope this is "character" and not real life, but who knows now.

I don't know too much about all three of kids, but the middle one is only a three start recruit right? The Wally Ellenson of the family that will probably get tossed to the wayside after the youngest goes one and done to get dad out of the picture

Makes Mr. Humphries look pretty tame. I won't be recommending any parenting classes taught by Mr. Ball. We can only hope this is "character" and not real life, but who knows now.

Do you have any evidence that his kids aren't upstanding students/citizens? All I know about them is that all 3 are good enough to play major college ball, the oldest is a possible #1 pick with a great feel for the game and high basketball IQ, and none of been in any legal trouble at the least. So what reason do you have to believe he's a bad parent when his kids seem to be doing better than most?

Top Bottom