The Meltdown, Part 2...

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
I think there was reference to the Bucky board in another thread or two, but this deserves its own thread...

I've put it into a TinyUrl due to the language in the thread link name: https://tinyurl.com/j6d5xfl

As you read the thread, here's what you see. The flow is quite fun:
- First there's the initial outrage at the 8 seed. Jerry Palm sucks, blah blah blah.
- Then there's the assumption that if Bucky got an 8, MSU and NW must not have made it, cuz Wisconsin!
- Then there's the assumption that Villinova is scared and mad over the possible matchup with powerhouse Bucky.
- Then the news about our 5 seed comes in. 13 pages of cursing follow...

To add on Trevor Mbakwe did a fantastic job trolling bucky fans on Twitter last night.

Great share. Terrific read to start my workweek

Schadenfreude-tastic!!!

They did get hosed.

Here's probably the funniest comment I've seen on Facebook: "#32 RPI. Doesn't add up to a #8 no matter how you try and rationalize it."

Unless you divide 32 by 4...

I must say, the thought that the seeding committee suddenly loves the Gophers is pretty funny to me.

As a Gopher fan in enemy territory, last night was a TON of fun for me.

My Dad is soooooooo salty.

As a Gopher fan in enemy territory, last night was a TON of fun for me.

My Dad is soooooooo salty.

Winasota,
I'm with you as a Gopher fan in enemy territory. Last night when I heard that Wisconsin was an 8 I almost had to do a double take.

I'm excited and hopeful that the team gets to a Saturday match up. It's a short 1.5 hour drive to the Bradley Center! Go Gophers.

Here's probably the funniest comment I've seen on Facebook: "#32 RPI. Doesn't add up to a #8 no matter how you try and rationalize it."

Bruce did you point out the math on their board? Maybe Wisconsin is subscribing to California math now.

I *do* think we should both be 6 seeds, but that doesn't make it any less funny.

They sure like using the "F" word a lot in Wisconsin. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sure like using the "F" word a lot in Wisconsin. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I told you it was fun to read another team's message board .

I think this year more than ever I want to see all of the Big Ten teams have success in the tournament. We need to correct the perception of weakness that has taken hold. Good luck boys and girls!

One guy on the thread asks "if the Wisconsin seed is biggest screw job ever".

I am not Selection Sunday but I can guarantee that the top 50 screw jobs involved teams who ended up in the NIT. As an 8 seed you can still win the tournament.

I must say, the thought that the seeding committee suddenly loves the Gophers is pretty funny to me.

It's also a bad look for the jokes that are the media and coach's polls.

And Michigan fans have more right to be upset. I realize Michigan lacked any significant road win but I'm not quite sure the committee even considered any of the results of the Big Ten Tournament.

I particularly enjoyed this one... seems the most rationale of the bunch...

"I would expect the Gopher Hole is enjoying this nonsense.
Man up.
Win the next two games and the season means something.
If that does not happen hopefully in the next few months the number 8 seed will vanish from your memories and your peckers will grow back a little bit."

Alternative Wisconsin Math.

Alternative Wisconsin Math.

Wisconsin was using common core math- so the equation would read 32 divided by 4 is equal to 30 divided by 5 + 2 - 1 divided by maroon and gold = about 4 give or take a few depending upon how you feel about your answer.

It's also a bad look for the jokes that are the media and coach's polls.

And Michigan fans have more right to be upset. I realize Michigan lacked any significant road win but I'm not quite sure the committee even considered any of the results of the Big Ten Tournament.

Unless it was a Penn St/Ill/Iowa run to win it all...I don't think it held any water. The season and body of work in a conference that is traditionally a blood bath means a whole hell of a lot more.

RPI, NC-SOS rule the day. Couple that with the Badgers losing 6 of their last 10, they got what they probably deserved.

Then there's that pesky math thing RPI 32/4=____

I think RPI carrys too much weight and I understand it won't going forward.

I particularly enjoyed this one... seems the most rationale of the bunch...

"I would expect the Gopher Hole is enjoying this nonsense.
Man up.
Win the next two games and the season means something.
If that does not happen hopefully in the next few months the number 8 seed will vanish from your memories and your peckers will grow back a little bit."

Seems reasonable, you still have to play the games, seeding becomes meaningless unless you come out ready to play and can translate that to a high level of proficiency, happy to be playing.

As a fan it is enjoyable to see the Gophers maybe a little overrated and the Badgers dogged on.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My reaction to Wisconsin's 8 seed:

giphy.gif

I am withholding enjoyment from this situation until we advance further than Wiscy in the tourney.

Working in Madison I about wet my pants with laughter at their 8 and our 5th seed. Leaving the Kohl Center after the Badgers beat them I had to hear about how great they were again. It was Christmas early so take care of business Gophers on Thursday...and the big red whiners will have a full off-season to cry more.

Top Bottom