How far will the Gophers advance in the 2017 NCAA Tournament?

• Lose in 1st round

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Round of 32

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • Sweet 16

Votes: 69 57.5%
  • Elite 8

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Final Four

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • National Championship Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National Champs!!

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Rotation questions and foul trouble are the two main things standing between Gophs and Sweet 16

I wish the best for the Gophers, but they cannot shoot the ball. Must be able to make some 3's in today's game.
It will be hard for Goph's to advance.

Springs injury really kills us, but I think Pitino with a week to prepare for the tourney can make some adjustments. I'm going win over MTSU, win over the upset team Winthrop, then a close game with UNC.

Springs injury really kills us, but I think Pitino with a week to prepare for the tourney can make some adjustments. I'm going win over MTSU, win over the upset team Winthrop, then a close game with UNC.
I agree - I think Pitino will come up with a good game plan for Thursday

William Hill in Vegas has gophers 50-1 to win it all.

Other B1G schools:
NW: 200-1
Michigan st. 150-1
Maryland: 100-1
Wisconsin: 60-1
Michigan: 60-1
Purdue: 40-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Lynch and Murphy can stay on the floor then at least two wins are in the cards. The poorer shooting mentioned above is negated by the Gopher defense-as long as the Big's are not in foul trouble.

sweet 16 and then blow out loss to UNC and i am going to all of it !

If we play UNC, we lose by 20

MTSU is NOT to be feared, but also not to be taken for granted. Pitino has beaten their coach, and the Gophers beat the team in the NIT with Tubby. Granted none of these players were on that team, but this MTSU team hasn't beaten anyone of note this year, that the Gophers haven't also beaten(Vandy), and they do not match up well against us. As for Butler? Yes, they have big wins vs Villanova, but also have THREE BAD losses, so they are easily beatable. And personally I feel that the Big East is overrated this season. So getting to the Sweet 16, won't be easy, but I think its attainable. Beating UNC is a totally different matter. Without Springs, I just don't think its realistic, but anything is possible.

Ehh, we'll see. I think UNC might have the most losses ever for a 1 seed, not that that matters. I don't think North Carolina would be that bad of a matchup. Of course we are looking way too far ahead at that scenario.

Ehh, we'll see. I think UNC might have the most losses ever for a 1 seed, not that that matters. I don't think North Carolina would be that bad of a matchup. Of course we are looking way too far ahead at that scenario.

Agreed. If I've learned one thing about march madness is it's all about survive and advance. Don't look 2 steps ahead. Just focus on your current opponent and worry about the rest later.

Win over MTSU, then Butler. Meanwhile, the NCAA finally puts the hammer down on UNC, declaring them ineligible. A rematch with Arkansas, then a shot a revenge against Kentucky for the Final Four.

I wish the best for the Gophers, but they cannot shoot the ball. Must be able to make some 3's in today's game. It will be hard for Goph's to advance.

A bit of an exaggeration. We are an average 3-point shooting team (34.5%: 190th out of 351 teams).

I can see Mason (.371), McBrayer (.417) and Coffey (.330) getting hot on Thursday and hopefully Saturday.

I wonder if Tubby will show up to the game if the Gophers make the Sweet 16?! :D

The Gophers won their previous matchups against MTSU, Butler, and North Carolina, so they've got at least an Elite Eight in the bag. Just start prepping for Kentucky immediately.

The Gophers won their previous matchups against MTSU, Butler, and North Carolina, so they've got at least an Elite Eight in the bag. Just start prepping for Kentucky immediately.

Good call. Make sure Pitino knows this. I just booked my Final Four trip and am beginning to plan a National Championship party, you are all invited. Details will come shortly.

Good call. Make sure Pitino knows this. I just booked my Final Four trip and am beginning to plan a National Championship party, you are all invited. Details will come shortly.

I hear we get to sign Kentucky's recruiting class if we beat them.

I hear we get to sign Kentucky's recruiting class if we beat them.

Wow, you are on point with the news tonight. I just bought 10 season tickets for next season. Will be donating between 10 and 20 thousand to the program next week. This is great news.

ESPN genius just said the team was too excited when they were announced today which means they will just be happy to be there and will probably lose right away.

Gopher Holers know more than ESPN genius's.

Nate needs to take more 3s. Just as long as his feet are planted. It looks like MTSU's strength in front court offense and if Reggie plays more than 25 minutes I can't see any reason Gophs don't win by 10. Let me know if anyone in the national media has us beating MTSU.

If we play Butler, it's going to be tough considering it's practically a home game for the Bulldogs. But Gophs have won on the road this year. I don't know too much about Butler other than they are beatable.

I think we do lose to UNC. I don't give us zero chances at a W but odds are against us. And unlike other regions, the regional semifinals will almost certainly be played by the 1 seed UNC, unlike the other regions. I can see a Gonzaga going down to Vandy/NW, Nova going down to Wisc/VT or even Kansas losing to MSU/Miami but I give 5% chance of Arkansas/Seton Hall beating UNC.

I'm happy we play on Thursday afternoon. Having to wait until Friday night would be torture.

Nate needs to take more 3s. Just as long as his feet are planted. It looks like MTSU's strength in front court offense and if Reggie plays more than 25 minutes I can't see any reason Gophs don't win by 10. Let me know if anyone in the national media has us beating MTSU.

If we play Butler, it's going to be tough considering it's practically a home game for the Bulldogs. But Gophs have won on the road this year. I don't know too much about Butler other than they are beatable.

I think we do lose to UNC. I don't give us zero chances at a W but odds are against us. And unlike other regions, the regional semifinals will almost certainly be played by the 1 seed UNC, unlike the other regions. I can see a Gonzaga going down to Vandy/NW, Nova going down to Wisc/VT or even Kansas losing to MSU/Miami but I give 5% chance of Arkansas/Seton Hall beating UNC.

I'm happy we play on Thursday afternoon. Having to wait until Friday night would be torture.

I disagree that it'll be a home game for Butler. Butler University is about 4 hours and 15 minutes away from Milwaukee. Minnesota's campus in only about a half hour further than what Butler's is. The location is about as neutral as it could get. I'd like to think the Gophers will have more fans there than Butler will.

Indianapolis is only about 45 miles closer to Milwaukee than MN is... how do you figure?
Yep. For whatever reason I was convinced they were from Milwaukee - a great location to potentially host a Gopher/Bulldog show down!

A bit of an exaggeration. We are an average 3-point shooting team (34.5%: 190th out of 351 teams).

I can see Mason (.371), McBrayer (.417) and Coffey (.330) getting hot on Thursday and hopefully Saturday.

I think our 3-pt shooting percentage is higher than our apponents.

The way we guarded the pick and roll against Michigan, I am deeply concerned. Seemed like we left a player extremely wide open every time they ran it either under the basket or at the 3pt line. I don't think MTSU can expose this weakness like Michigan since they don't include the 3 into their offense nearly as much as Michigan.

I think we can make it to the sweet 16. McBrayer needs to shoot more when open, saw him miss several opportunities to shoot 3s in the second half looking for a better shot. He was hot and needed to let it fly. Coffey needs another 15 pounds so he can finish in heavy traffic. We also needed more from Murphy in that game.

Top Bottom