Roll Call - Who's Going to Milwaukee?!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine there are many Gopher fans making the trip. Here's a thread to share your travel plans, seat location and more.

I'll be there. Just anxiously waiting to see which session it is to get the tix on stubhub.

Bought tickets back in October for the Milwaukee site. Happy they are playing there, also good to see Wisc. is not!

Will be on with my Gopher score in am. If I do not get good seats there will be going and buying on the street. I had better luck with that on our final four run.

If they win on Thursday I will be going on Saturday.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll drive up if they play Thursday night but have a work obligation if they play in the early session.

Damn wasn't planning on it but took Thursday and Friday off work so might have Changed my mind now so close to home.

People get ready there's a train a comin...
https://youtu.be/NdKEbnS1eBE

I went to Milwaukee for the Xavier game back in 2010. That was an early game on Friday. I sure hope Minnesota gets one of the late spots, that will help attendance a lot.

Downtown Milwaukee is great. I stayed at the big old downtown Hilton, and spent a bunch of time in the old Turner Hall next to the Bradley Center and hit the Irish Bar and couple other places just over the river, east of Bradley Center. Downtown Milwaukee is a very above average location for NCAA games.

Many red wearing Wisconsin and many Marquette fans were at the game and in the bars nearby before and after the game. Most were generally interested in talking about basketball and were not nearly as irritating as the Wisconsin fans we see around the TC area.

Newbie question. Are tickets sold for the individual days? Individual rounds? Or for all games Thursday through Sunday?

If we beat MTSU on Thursday, I will be going for the weekend. Suspect quite a few Gopher fans are planning the same thing?

I went to Milwaukee for the Xavier game back in 2010. That was an early game on Friday. I sure hope Minnesota gets one of the late spots, that will help attendance a lot.

Downtown Milwaukee is great. I stayed at the big old downtown Hilton, and spent a bunch of time in the old Turner Hall next to the Bradley Center and hit the Irish Bar and couple other places just over the river, east of Bradley Center. Downtown Milwaukee is a very above average location for NCAA games.

Many red wearing Wisconsin and many Marquette fans were at the game and in the bars nearby before and after the game. Most were generally interested in talking about basketball and were not nearly as irritating as the Wisconsin fans we see around the TC area.

Depending upon the game time if they win on Thursday I am going to the game on Saturday and then driving home. Milwaukee is not a nice place.

Depending upon the game time if they win on Thursday I am going to the game on Saturday and then driving home. Milwaukee is not a nice place.

Bit extreme. If you were crazy enough to spend the nite in Sherman Park, which is no where near the stadium, then I would dust off my will. The downtown and the stadium is just fine and safe. You could stay at the Pfister or many other downtown hotels and walk to the stadium very casually. The hotels will spoil you if you want them to.

I'm planning to go. Need to sort out a dogsitter but that seems doable.

My daughter and I are going to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any suggestions on buying tickets, or does anyone know how full the place typically gets? I was gonna buy some off of ticketmaster or stubhub but wasn't sure the best route.

I am planning on going to the game on Saturday if (WHEN!) we win on Thursday. It will be fun to go back to my hometown to cheer on the Gophs! If anyone has any suggestions about getting tickets for Saturday's game, I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to Austin, TX instead. But on that front, will likely be looking for a good watering hole to watch the game. Most bars should have all the games so I'm not too worried.

I will be there for the whole thing and if your only going saturday then scalp them. Great seats,like first 10 rows are very reasonable. If your a really good donor the athletic department can help.

I'm IN! Don't love our match-up, but have faith in this team and Pitino...but we couldn't have gotten any luckier with Milwaukee!

I'm amazed at how many Gopher fans I've talked to that aren't going, I'd hope it would be a home game for us because it's so close and easy.

I'll head down Saturday. You'll probably be able to purchase tickets off the street, but I have no idea. As has been said, that particular area of Milwaukee is pretty safe. With that said I saw a homicide down there 4 or 5 years ago right around the corner from the Hyatt but in general a safe and fun area. Lots of hotels, and some really good pubs and restaurants on Water Steet. I would suggest: Capital Grille(bring some cash!), Rumpus Room, Carnevor(bring a lot of cash), Rodizio(fun with a group) are all good options for more upscale dinner. Ian's pizza is good on the go. Ale Assylum is good. Mader's for some happy hour bier. Of course if you haven't ever been downtown you have to take a trip to the Safehouse. I'm sure others can comment better about other options. Hotels I've stayed at are: Aloft and Hyatt...can't afford the Pfister but a colleague of mine recommends it. All good options to park, stay and then walk to everything.

Top Bottom