Minnesotans in the Tourney (per Ryan James on Twitter)

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this. I always enjoy seeing the list of players from here to make an impact but enjoy it more when I can include the Gophers!

Link to the twitter account (includes pictures and some stats)-- https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN

This list is not complete but a good start of teams that are IN. More to be added later.

Player--High School--College

Bjorn Broman--Lakeview Christian Academy--Winthrop
Anders Broman--Lakeview Christian Academy--Winthrop
Ian Theissen--Osseo--South Dakota St
Andre Wallace--Eden Prairie--South Dakota St
Ben Oberfeld--Eastview--Bucknell (Oberfeld is injured)
Marcus Marshall--St Paul Johnson--Nevada
Zach Lofton--Columbia Heights--Texas Southern
Quinton Hooker--Park Center--University of North Dakota
Carson Shanks--Prior Lake--University of North Dakota
Geno Crandall--Delasalle--University of North Dakota
Josh Collins-Delasalle--University of North Dakota
Devon Pekas--Hawley--University of North Dakota
Kyle Washington--Benilde-St Margaret's--Cincinnati
Sanjay Lumpkin--Benilde-St Margaret's--Northwestern
Isaiah Zierden--Benilde-St Margaret's--Creighton
Alex Illikainen--Grand Rapids--Wisconsin
Reggie Lynch--Edina--MINNESOTA
Amir Coffey--Hopkins--MINNESOTA
Michael Hurt--Rochester JM--MINNESOTA
Darin Haugh--Eastview--MINNESOTA
Brady Rudrud--Eden Prairie--MINNESOTA
Stephon Sharp--Hopkins--MINNESOTA

Thought I'd share this. I always enjoy seeing the list of players from here to make an impact but enjoy it more when I can include the Gophers!

Link to the twitter account (includes pictures and some stats)-- https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN

This list is not complete but a good start of teams that are IN. More to be added later.

Player--High School--College

Bjorn Broman--Lakeview Christian Academy--Winthrop
Anders Broman--Lakeview Christian Academy--Winthrop
Ian Theissen--Osseo--South Dakota St
Andre Wallace--Eden Prairie--South Dakota St
Ben Oberfeld--Eastview--Bucknell (Oberfeld is injured)
Marcus Marshall--St Paul Johnson--Nevada
Zach Lofton--Columbia Heights--Texas Southern
Quinton Hooker--Park Center--University of North Dakota
Carson Shanks--Prior Lake--University of North Dakota
Geno Crandall--Delasalle--University of North Dakota
Josh Collins-Delasalle--University of North Dakota
Devon Pekas--Hawley--University of North Dakota
Kyle Washington--Benilde-St Margaret's--Cincinnati
Sanjay Lumpkin--Benilde-St Margaret's--Northwestern
Isaiah Zierden--Benilde-St Margaret's--Creighton
Alex Illikainen--Grand Rapids--wisconsin
Reggie Lynch--Edina--MINNESOTA
Amir Coffey--Hopkins--MINNESOTA
Michael Hurt--Rochester JM--MINNESOTA
Darin Haugh--Eastview--MINNESOTA
Brady Rudrud--Eden Prairie--MINNESOTA
Stephon Sharp--Hopkins--MINNESOTA

FIFY

I watched that UND game and didn't realize their entire team was from MN.

I watched that UND game and didn't realize their entire team was from MN.

I remember really liking Hooker when he was in HS and he is having a really good career. Crandall was far quicker and a much better pg than I ever imagined him to be.

I remember really liking Hooker when he was in HS and he is having a really good career. Crandall was far quicker and a much better pg than I ever imagined him to be.

Doogie was really bumming on Tubby today on Twitter for not paying any attention to Hooker.

Add to the list: JP Macura--Lakeville North--Xavier

Doogie was really bumming on Tubby today on Twitter for not paying any attention to Hooker.

I watched a game when hooker was a high school freshmen playing against one of the better teams in the state. He got anything he wanted and looked like the best player on the court. We should've been in on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for putting this together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Lofton is having a good year at 17 ppg. Washington at 13, 7, 1.3 blocks.

Tubby missed on him alongside every other power conference coach in the country. The 247Sports website thought so highly of him that even today they still have him as signing with NDSU. I'm pretty sure that a Rivals profile for him doesn't even exist.

Winthrop has had a little MN pipeline since that younger Dahlmann kid from Braham went down there with a friend.

Not sure why we were even ever considering him. I remember watching him in HS and being amazed he received any D1 offers, even as a 7-footer.

We were only looking at him as a Walk on, I think that's why he went to UND

Winthrop has had a little MN pipeline since that younger Dahlmann kid from Braham went down there with a friend.

Are you referring to Noah Dahlman? He went to Wofford, not Winthrop.

Tubby missed on him alongside every other power conference coach in the country. The 247Sports website thought so highly of him that even today they still have him as signing with NDSU. I'm pretty sure that a Rivals profile for him doesn't even exist.

Talk to Doogie.

Are you referring to Noah Dahlman? He went to Wofford, not Winthrop.

Yeah, this is correct. Isiah=MSU, Noah=Wofford. The youngest male Dahlmann went to St Scholastica, a D3 school in Duluth, MN.

Yep. I think Noah, even though he was undersized, could have been a good player for the Gophers.

Noah could rebound the ball. I believe the states all-time leading rebounder for his career. Or was when he graduated at least.

Noah could rebound the ball. I believe the states all-time leading rebounder for his career. Or was when he graduated at least.

He definitely got the most out of his size. I think he is only 6 foot 5 but played almost exclusively low post.

Top Bottom