Eric Abojei

hungan1

Reaction score
I have to ask. What is the latest on his qualifying?

We can never have enough O-Linemen.

Same as before, waiting for his scores to get back

If there was news, it would have been posted.

ACT THIS PAST SATURDAY. HOPEFULLY ERIC HAD A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP AND ATE A NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST!

ACT THIS PAST SATURDAY. HOPEFULLY ERIC HAD A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP AND ATE A NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST!

Hopefully he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.... kinda guarantees success doesn't it?

And had an elite day!
Be careful what you wish for, Gray had to wait a year, because his scores improved too much. Pass the test ,then become elite, under the academic support staff's guidance.

Be careful what you wish for, Gray had to wait a year, because his scores improved too much. Pass the test ,then become elite, under the academic support staff's guidance.

I remember that all too well. I can't imagine Gray cheated as that would have been pretty hard to do. Always kind of wondered about that situation.

I remember that all too well. I can't imagine Gray cheated as that would have been pretty hard to do. Always kind of wondered about that situation.

Q was doing graduate work his "Senior" year. I have no doubt he did not cheat. He's a bright guy.

Does anyone know if Eric Abojei is going to Iowa Western CC this coming season? Will PJF make an exception on signing JC transfers if he becomes eligible after a year at IWCC?

[video]http://kstp.com/sports/cooper-offensive-lineman-eric-obojei-gophers-iowa-western/4387548/[/video]

Does anyone know if Eric Abojei is going to Iowa Western CC this coming season? Will PJF make an exception on signing JC transfers if he becomes eligible after a year at IWCC?

[video]http://kstp.com/sports/cooper-offensive-lineman-eric-obojei-gophers-iowa-western/4387548/[/video]

He has actually offered quite a few JUCO O-Lineman so I don't see Abojei as any different. He might go to Wyoming if he gets through the clearinghouse but can't get into the U.

Tyrone Chambers did end up qualifying a few weeks ago so I think if Abojei was going to qualify, we would have know by now.

Someone should definitely tweet at him and figure out what the latest is

(Don't do that)

Someone should definitely tweet at him and figure out what the latest is

(Don't do that)

Tyrone Chambers did end up qualifying a few weeks ago so I think if Abojei was going to qualify, we would have know by now.

He has signed a LOI with Toledo. Too bad, he couldn't wait. I can't blame him. He wanted to secure a spot.

It is good to hear that he is an NCAA qualifier! Let's hope he clears the U admission and officially enrolls.

We'd want him to be successfully admitted on his own merits and hard work, and not end up like Jeff Jones where he was given a conditional admission and he did not meet his end of the bargain.

Q was doing graduate work his "Senior" year. I have no doubt he did not cheat. He's a bright guy.
That was a strange situation. I have read that the ACT and SAT have strong reliability and that taking the test multiple times should not produce results that vary by more than 10%. Anyway I hope that Eric is soon eligible.

That was a strange situation. I have read that the ACT and SAT have strong reliability and that taking the test multiple times should not produce results that vary by more than 10%. Anyway I hope that Eric is soon eligible.

There was nothing strange about his situation. Q enrolled in a prep course between his first and second tests which accounted for the jump in score. He was open about enrolling in this course and was even featured on the website of the company that specializes in test prep as an example of the course working as advertised.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Going to Wyoming means he gets to play for Craig Buhl. Wow! Choicing Buhl over PJF, would be like asking for liver and onions when a t-bone is available. Pretty much shows what the entrance requirements are at Wyoming versus the U. Many are called, few are chosen.

It is too bad for the Gophers to lose an in-state talent like Eric, but congratulations and good luck to him.

Wyoming might be a better fit for him where he can flourish as a player, as a student, and as a person. A smaller school might be better for him. If he is struggling to meet the U's stringent admissions requirements, he may have a tougher time focusing on both playing football and his schoolwork. It seems like he and his family and support people took the time to carefully map out the course that is best for him.

We are going to lose a few folks like Jeff Jones, Andre McDonald, Eric Abojei, Michael Floyd, James Laurenitis, Jashon Cornell, Frank Ragnow, etc... for one reason or another. That is life. We just don't want to lose a player after he is signed.

per the Casper Star-Tribune:

Eric Abojei is looking for a fresh start at Wyoming.

The freshman’s recruiting process did not go exactly as planned. Before his junior season at Robbinsdale Cooper High School in Minnesota, the offensive lineman committed to Minnesota. He did not qualify, however, and was unable to sign with the Golden Gophers earlier this year.

Wyoming reached out to Abojei in early summer, and by June 28, he was eligible and committed to the Cowboys.

“They told me that they had some spots for me, and they were looking for somebody like me to come out here and play,” Abojei said Wednesday, three days into his first fall camp with Wyoming. “In my recruiting, I kept them in my eyes and I just made sure that I was talking to them, especially (offensive coordinator Brent) Vigen, (head coach Craig) Bohl, (offensive line coach Scott) Fuchs, all of them.

“We communicated, and they helped me, especially with my qualification. I respected that, and my family respected that the most. Especially coming from Minnesota when I committed, that was looking for family and trust and communication, and that’s what I found here is family, communication and that trust.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyom...cle_af10423a-b15f-5fbf-8866-7c787e2af9bc.html

per the Casper Star-Tribune:

Eric Abojei is looking for a fresh start at Wyoming.

The freshman’s recruiting process did not go exactly as planned. Before his junior season at Robbinsdale Cooper High School in Minnesota, the offensive lineman committed to Minnesota. He did not qualify, however, and was unable to sign with the Golden Gophers earlier this year.

Wyoming reached out to Abojei in early summer, and by June 28, he was eligible and committed to the Cowboys.

“They told me that they had some spots for me, and they were looking for somebody like me to come out here and play,” Abojei said Wednesday, three days into his first fall camp with Wyoming. “In my recruiting, I kept them in my eyes and I just made sure that I was talking to them, especially (offensive coordinator Brent) Vigen, (head coach Craig) Bohl, (offensive line coach Scott) Fuchs, all of them.

“We communicated, and they helped me, especially with my qualification. I respected that, and my family respected that the most. Especially coming from Minnesota when I committed, that was looking for family and trust and communication, and that’s what I found here is family, communication and that trust.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyom...cle_af10423a-b15f-5fbf-8866-7c787e2af9bc.html

I prefer the Cheyenne Pioneer Press.

It is too bad for the Gophers to lose an in-state talent like Eric, but congratulations and good luck to him.

Wyoming might be a better fit for him where he can flourish as a player, as a student, and as a person. A smaller school might be better for him. If he is struggling to meet the U's stringent admissions requirements, he may have a tougher time focusing on both playing football and his schoolwork. It seems like he and his family and support people took the time to carefully map out the course that is best for him.

We are going to lose a few folks like Jeff Jones, Andre McDonald, Eric Abojei, Michael Floyd, James Laurenitis, Jashon Cornell, Frank Ragnow, etc... for one reason or another. That is life. We just don't want to lose a player after he is signed.

Speaking of Frank Ragnow, I hadn't looked at how he's panned out at Arkansas. Quite the career he is having.

Top Bottom