Springs injury effect on NCAA seed

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Just heard the announcers on tv say that Oregons seed in the tourney may be affected by Bouchers injury. Will Springs injury possibly put us in a lower seed?

Not more than one line. They take into account injuries to star players. If it had been Mason, then maybe. I doubt they will dock us for Springs.

Doubt it. The committee is not going to look into the unsung glue guy on a team and have it overshadow the overall body of work. Incredibly tough to evaluate the impact a guy like that has on the team, so no way they're really going to take that into account above everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this will have an effect on our seeding but it will on our performance.

Doubt it. The committee is not going to look into the unsung glue guy on a team and have it overshadow the overall body of work. Incredibly tough to evaluate the impact a guy like that has on the team, so no way they're really going to take that into account above everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. We know the impact he made, but his stats don't really show that. He's not a superstar that's very well known. While I don't think it effects our seed, I do think it effects how many wins we have unfortunately.

I don't think this will have an effect on our seeding but it will on our performance.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really worried that we won't be the same team without him, like yesterday, no matter where we're seeded. He's meant so much to our success - defense, a consistent outside threat, leadership - so to take all of that away without any real replacement, I just don't have a good feeling about how the team will respond.

Agree with those that say it won't affect our seed but it does put a damper on our hopes of going far in the tournament. We weren't going to win it all most likely anyway but without Springs we may have a tough time getting beyond the first weekend. Still a massive leap up from where we were at this point last year though.

Top Bottom