Shooter: It won’t be surprising if the Vikings offer Leidner a free agent opportunity

Oh good, another Leidner thread. Just what we needed.

Let's argue about whether we needed another Leidner thread.

Or about whether the Vikes would want him at Safety or QB.

He may get invited to someone's camp, but I'd be very surprised if he made a practice squad. That said, best of luck to him.

There is still time for him to make the move to TE.

It wouldn't be surprising if he gets a camp invite. The question is whether he'll stick on a practice squad or roster.

I'm not buying it until Shooter says a little bird told him.

Let's argue about whether we needed another Leidner thread.

Or about whether the Vikes would want him at Safety or QB.

He may get invited to someone's camp, but I'd be very surprised if he made a practice squad. That said, best of luck to him.

That is the funniest quip ever on GH

They need to take him in the first round....oh wait:rolleyes:

The saddest thing would be to find out he can throw.

I'm glad the season ended and we were able to just get over Mitch....

I agree with those who think they might give him a look as a TE or H-back, if they indeed make that offer to him. Just lost a TE over the weekend...so who knows.

If I am Leidner or Leidner's agent, unless it is my only option, I get him as far away as possible from Minnesota (and to a lesser extent Green Bay). With the Vikings he is under a microscope, in Houston or Jacksonville, he is just another nameless free agent trying to make the league.

Leidner was on Sid's radio show on Sunday, talking about his experiences at the NFL combine. Dave Mona asked him if any of the teams brought up a position change. Leidner said only one team talked about moving to TE. he said all the other teams were evaluating him as a QB. FWIW, Leidner said he thought the combine went well.

Talked a little bit about working with Rich Gannon. Leidner said he'll take part in the Gophers' Pro Day.

Also mentioned that he met Fleck recently.

Top Bottom