***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Important to acknowledge: Michigan is 8 seed but 5th-place team, and they might be the best team in the league in recent weeks. Even if Wisconsin wins, MI might be the favorite tomorrow.

All that said, Gophers cooked their own goose with horrid defense in the first half. Scored plenty of points to win.

Hung with Michigan without Springs, a terrible game by Curry and nothing from Coffey = nothing to get down about. More rest for the tourney.

What? Coffey had the bad turnovers but he kept them in the game in the first half.

Hung with Michigan without Springs, a terrible game by Curry and nothing from Coffey = nothing to get down about. More rest for the tourney.

13 points 7 rebounds 4 assists is nothing from Coffey?

Great season so far.

Good game. Those first half missed layups....ouch. 4 (I think) 'easy' missed layups. Make 3 and it's a different game. (not complaining or using hindsight...just tough since we're a good inside team)

They kept running the pick and roll on Murphy and he was late -multiple time - he also was slow on baseline rotation

Great season so far.

Good game. Those first half missed layups....ouch. 4 (I think) 'easy' missed layups. Make 3 and it's a different game. (not complaining or using hindsight...just tough since we're a good inside team)
Curry missed 2 one foot shots

This program is 8-28 against Big10 TEAMS since 2013-14 when giving up 75 or more.

I like our scoring balance. We really don't rely on one or two players to carry the load. Today's stat sheet was well balanced amongst the starting five.

Love this team no matter what but it must play great defense to beat good teams.

Important to acknowledge: Michigan is 8 seed but 5th-place team, and they might be the best team in the league in recent weeks. Even if Wisconsin wins, MI might be the favorite tomorrow.

All that said, Gophers cooked their own goose with horrid defense in the first half. Scored plenty of points to win.

This.

Also Wagner and Walton played the game of their lives. Part of that was Gopher defense, but I thought Walton played really well.

We had too many breakdowns in the first half, and it seemed like we had no 50/50 balls.

Interesting Pitino shortened the bench like he did. That kind of took our rest advantage away.

This program is 8-28 against Big10 TEAMS since 2013-14 when giving up 75 or more.

Why did you put "teams" in all caps? And I'd imagine that is the case for most teams given that winning teams, especially in the Big 10, usually don't score 75 points. Seems like a completely worthless stat to me.

Depressing and expected loss. Well, on to the NCAA tourney, I hope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Team made its own bed today...can't get down 16 and expect to win. Walton played like a first team Pg entire game and not just one half

This is my philosophical question for the day: if you get down 16 early, but later run up to a tie, does being down early have any bearing on the final score:confused:

This is my philosophical question for the day: if you get down 16 early, but later run up to a tie, does being down early have any bearing on the final score:confused:

Yes, because of the energy expended to overcome a 16-point lead against one of the hottest teams in the country - especially only playing 6 guys.

You're either a troll, or you lack basic intelligence. Probably both, actually.
With a handle like Keyser Söze, any of your troll accusations are invalid.

Instead of tying the game up, we could have been extending a lead out to 6 or 8 points. I guess it's hard to say how it could affect the result of a game, but I would guess teams play a bit differently, or with a different mindset when they're extending a lead instead of trying to claw back from a deficit.

Depressing and expected loss. Well, on to the NCAA tourney, I hope.

Tomorrow will be a tense day for you as you have to hope all day long that the Gophers somehow work their way backwards from a 6 seed onto the bubble that no one has them on, and then have it miraculously burst.

Tomorrow will be a tense day for you as you have to hope all day long that the Gophers somehow work their way backwards from a 6 seed onto the bubble that no one has them on, and then have it miraculously burst.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I drew "5 seed in the South Region" out of the fish bowl of possibilities.

Top Bottom