Gophers helping set BTN ratings records for MBB

Gopher_Ace

Reaction score
Sorry if already posted.

Additionally, BTN saw six of the top 10 conference games in network history take place during the 2016-2017 season. Along with the Maryland at Minnesota game on Jan. 28 that set the record, Minnesota at Wisconsin (March 5), Michigan State at Maryland (March 4), Michigan at Minnesota (Feb. 19), Minnesota at Maryland (Feb. 22) and Northwestern at Wisconsin (Feb. 12) all finished as top seven conference games in BTN history. - See more at: http://btn.com/2017/03/07/competiti...ease-over-previous-year/#sthash.WQ5reEat.dpuf

Having a major media market excited about its team, one that market has proven to enthusiastically support especially when they're winning, will continue to be good for Big Ten business.

Having a major media market excited about its team, one that market has proven to enthusiastically support especially when they're winning, will continue to be good for Big Ten business.

One would think that would be an easy sell for recruits - for both football and basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minnesota is the biggest market of fair weather fans in the country. Huge market and wins make for huge ratings. Can almost guarantee some of the ignored non conference games of the past will suddenly make it into the BTN rotation next year.

Minnesota is the biggest market of fair weather fans in the country. Huge market and wins make for huge ratings. Can almost guarantee some of the ignored non conference games of the past will suddenly make it into the BTN rotation next year.

I wouldn't call it fair weather. It's fans with options. Each team has its die hard base but the overall sports fan base naturally migrates their level of interest based on success.

I know how it goes. I'm die hard gophers (bb, fb, hockey) but also follow the wolves, Vikings, and twins closely and the wild from afar.

If I watched every single one of these games I'd probably be divorced. Successful teams naturally get more attention as fans reprioritize their team hierarchy.

Also lack of preseason hype helps because next year a lot of the games that would break the records set this year will be on different networks than BTN

Top Bottom