Is Reggie Lynch a legitimate NBA prospect?

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not an elite NBA mind, so I'm curious what y'all think. He seems limited on the offensive end at times, but I thought the same about Gorgui Dieng when he was in college, yet he's developed into a serviceable NBA player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually had the same thought earlier. If gorgui dieng can have an NBA career, I don't see why Reggie Lynch doesn't have a shot. NBA teams are always looking for rim protection. And it's not as if Reggie is a total non-factor on offense, he is a capable scorer in the post, has great touch and is a decent FT shooter. Probably a 2nd round pick but I think he will stick in the league.

I actually had the same thought earlier. If gorgui dieng can have an NBA career, I don't see why Reggie Lynch doesn't have a shot. NBA teams are always looking for rim protection. And it's not as if Reggie is a total non-factor on offense, he is a capable scorer in the post, has great touch and is a decent FT shooter. Probably a 2nd round pick but I think he will stick in the league.

It all depends on how much he improves in the next year. He has learned not to jump on pump fakes like earlier in the year. He also has added some offensive punch. Pitino knows how to develop big men. Hopefully he can take Reggie to the next level.

He also needs to improve his handle. Not sure if there is training to improve a big mans hands, but he can still improve in that category.

Personally, I doubt it. He doesn't really have the offensive versatility to be a 4 in the NBA. Gorgui got a shot at the NBA because he had a midrange shot and could face the rim and take guys off the dribble.

Personally, I doubt it. He doesn't really have the offensive versatility to be a 4 in the NBA. Gorgui got a shot at the NBA because he had a midrange shot and could face the rim and take guys off the dribble.

Agree with this, but he's improved during the year, has a year left and looking Aldrich and Hill on the Wolves makes me think he's got a decent chance to spend time on a roster.

Reggie has he size to be a 5, at least for limited minutes, in today's NBA. If he does makes it to the league, it'll be at center.

Also Gourgui's mid range shot was not the reason why he got a shot at the NBA. It was for his rim protection, ability to defend on the perimeter, ability to run the floor, rebound and finish. Reggie can also occasionally take it off the dribble as well although the chances of him making it are probably less than 50%.

I could see Reggie having a stint like what Greg Smith had with the wolves last year. Smith is a 6-10, 250 pound center and played in the D-league until the Wolves signed him to a couple 10 day contracts during the end of the season after they lost some of their bigs to injury.

There's like 6 Plumlees in the NBA right now earning paychecks. If you're 6'10" or so, there's usually a place for you. All it takes is for you to play well on one 10 day contract and you can get paid.

Agree with this, but he's improved during the year, has a year left and looking Aldrich and Hill on the Wolves makes me think he's got a decent chance to spend time on a roster.

with you and mnsportsgeek on this - cant be a 6"6 PF, he'd have to grow to make it

I think he can make an NBA roster. Elite shot blocker and probably has the size. Offensive liability at that level but has a year to improve.

Dieng had a mid range jump shot and passing ability in college. Lynch has neither at this point. Dieng is also at least two inches taller than Lynch. Lynch is very effective at blocking shots when he is parked underneath the basket. I'm not sure that he would be as effective in the NBA at shot blocking if he has to chase the other 4's all over the court.

I think Lynch could make a nice living overseas but I don't think he's mobile enough for the NBA.

If we win just 8 more games this year, we may find out about his NBA adaptability this year.

He was awesome yesterday both offensively and defensively. With Springs out we will need him to continue his offensive production because our offense will have to come more from the inside then the 3 point shot.

Do you believe in miracles?

Top Bottom