Reggie Lynch needs more post touches

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Reggie is not getting the ball enough. He posts up strong and scores well lately. Big men foul him a lot and he is a capable free throw shooter.

Most notably, when the ball goes in and then back out, the offense is significantly better. Too many touches outside the three point line leads to a lack of opportunity at the rim.

I tell my wife all the time that I need more "post touches".

lol ^ agreed completely. Way too often the guards have great opportunities to get Reggie the ball with his man sealed and they keep rotating the ball - no idea why he's not getting the ball 9 out of 10 times in those scenarios.

Awesome game - but again, they kept MSU around with offensive rebounds and silly fouls. Should have been a 10-15 win. But of course I'll take it!

It appears to me that we did the right combination of things to win the game and experts criticize. Hell of a tough hard fought game. Congratulations Gophers!!!

It appears to me that we did the right combination of things to win the game and experts criticize. Hell of a tough hard fought game. Congratulations Gophers!!!

I'm stoked about the win. Doesn't mean they played a great or perfect game. Lynch needs the ball more. Even just to make the perimeter defenders move.

You can't be annoyed or mad when people are happy about a win but have criticisms

Totally agree. He is a very efficient post scorer. When he has the ball in the post, it helps against teams that are aggressive on the perimeter (like MSU).

I also wish that he would stick with his screens a little bit longer and harder. For some reason their pick and roll game is nonexistent even though I feel like that could be a nice play with mason. Seems like Lynch sets a soft pseudoscreen and mason never even looks his way on the roll. Not sure why they don't utilize that play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggie is not getting the ball enough. He posts up strong and scores well lately. Big men foul him a lot and he is a capable free throw shooter.

Most notably, when the ball goes in and then back out, the offense is significantly better. Too many touches outside the three point line leads to a lack of opportunity at the rim.

+1000

Top Bottom