That was a big time win on a big time stage!!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
We just beat a very physical, very mentally tough team on a neutral site after a disappointing game vs wisconsin.

Lynch was HUGE!!! McBuckets hit some big 3s!!!

Love how aggressive Coffey was.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!

Reggie was game MVP for sure

At the start of the year we always lost these close games and couldn't finish. Totally different look. Team has gained so much confidence and toughness.

Time to start getting used to win, sleep, repeat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Love Dupree - but Reggie gets the game ball IMO

Reggie has done a phenomenal job staying out of foul trouble in the later part of the season. Him being on the court late in games is huge for this team because it keeps other teams from attacking the rim the way they do when he is not out there.

Michigan is a tough team, but maybe they'll be a bit tired. Let's go get them, and try to bring a championship back!

I would love to win and play Wisconsin in the finals. I think they are now the only team we haven't beaten in the Big Ten.

We just beat a very physical, very mentally tough team on a neutral site after a disappointing game vs wisconsin.

Go Gophers!!

Love that nickname for Dupree

Fantastic game, good to get that MSU monkey off our back, maybe we'll get Wisconsin off too! Hope Springs just rolled his ankle and will bounce back fast!

Go Gophers!!

Coffey was fantastic. He does so much defensively for this team.

Reggie needs more post touches

Dupree is going to have to keep his dribble low and his shots on target tomorrow. Huge chance for him to step up and continue to contribute. He has to be confident so I like this teams chances ... How fast things can change in 1 year. Great overall defense today. I mean even Dakich was complimentary.

Reggie does need more touches.. Good things happen when that happens.

It's not always the player of the game that steps up and hits the biggest shots. In today's game those two threes by McBrayer gave us control in that game. Huge shots.

It's not always the player of the game that steps up and hits the biggest shots. In today's game those two threes by McBrayer gave us control in that game. Huge shots.

Can't agree more

Murphy and Mason were quiet. The gophers beat Michigan State. In a tournament. In March.

Wow.

Do not worry about Dupree. He has a ton of confidence and he will step up big just like he did today. Hurt, Gilbert and/or Sharp will be able to provide some minutes. These guys are going to make it a mission and "win it for Akeem"!

My favorite Gopher game in several years because it was a perfect example of how to beat a above average team on a day without great shooting. You do it with toughness on defense and limiting turnovers. Best way to build a winner because your never going to out recruit the blue bloods but you can beat them another way. Have seen hundreds of coaches fail the other way.

Not to knock Dupree who has come up with some great shots, but Michigan St. still took the lead after that. It was Lynch's dunk in traffic that gave us control of the game.

Despite being a close game, I was always confident. Impressive win

The pick and roll with Reggie and Coff was special. Coff's pass was perfect and Reggie's dunk electrified the team and the crowd. I think that Reggie beat Mich St at their own physical game. R-E-G-G-I-E.......

The pick and roll with Reggie and Coff was special. Coff's pass was perfect and Reggie's dunk electrified the team and the crowd. I think that Reggie beat Mich St at their own physical game. R-E-G-G-I-E.......

Yup! This play was huge. Absolutely bigger than 2 points, no doubt! BUT, without McBrayer 3's we'd still be behind. Needed both guys stepping up!

This was a awesome win! In tournament play! We some experience before the dance!

Such an important win! It would have been a let down if we had the double bye and then were eliminated immediately. While the game was close, we led throughout. It has to be a boost to our mental outlook and possibly our tourney seed.

Such an important win! It would have been a let down if we had the double bye and then were eliminated immediately. While the game was close, we led throughout. It has to be a boost to our mental outlook and possibly our tourney seed.

My thoughts exactly. Getting the Spartan monkey off their back is huge psychologically.

Probably no worse than a 5 seed now, would you say?

+08

Gave us a nice eight point cushion....even though we gave it back. Nice to have a lead in case the other team goes on a run....which is exactly what happened.

Murphy and Mason were quiet. The gophers beat Michigan State. In a tournament. In March.

Wow.

Not sure what you saw.....but Murphy was very good. Only 5-9 for 10 points......but he pulled down 13 rebounds. He grabbed nearly everything that came close to him. A double-double in 21 minutes of game time.

Top Bottom