Springs Injury

From a statistical standpoint,

Springs averaging 23.9 minutes and 1.2 PF per game.

McBrayer averaging 27.2 minutes and 1.4 PF per game.

McBrayer's energy off the bench just really seemed to spark runs for us at times. I don't know if he can keep that energy up for more minutes and shoot as well.

Pitino said he thinks Springs' injury could be a torn Achilles. "Not looking good." He said #Gophers should rally around him -- Marcus

we lost Fitzgerald before the season... imagine if he was available to replace Springs in the starting lineup

See, the guy's never played a second in a Gopher uniform, so I didn't even consider him.

Pitino said he thinks Springs' injury could be a torn Achilles. "Not looking good." He said #Gophers should rally around him -- Marcus

Ufdah. Need hurt to step up. Do we see Gilbert?

Talk with the doctors - time to lift Jarvis's non playing status. Ha ��

Hopefully Hurt takes a leap. Would be a great story going into next year.

Gilbert and Hurt will be needed, but at this point, there's no way either one can provide what Springs does on either end of the court.

Actually, Hurt would match up pretty well against there 3s and 4s

Going to miss Springs more on the defensive side. He's been more than anyone could've expected in that respect

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dang feel sorry for him. He worked his a@@ off for us this year and I liked watching him play. Hope he heals up so he can continue his career.

Was watching with a couple friends who are physical therapists. Both immediately thought Achilles. They said if it's not torn he's got a shot to play in the Sweet Sixteen, but Achilles are tough. He's not gonna be 100% the rest of the way, and it's probably better than 50/50 that he's done.

We were due for something to come up with our ridiculous health this year, but you gotta feel for Springs. Finally makes the tourney and can't play. That's awful.

Thanks to Springs for his great contributions; next man up (Hurt?)
Hurt needs to be mentally ready to go. It was clear he wasn't today as there was no excuse for being outhustled to the loose ball that was stolen from him. Hopefully the quick yank woke him up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hurt needs to be mentally ready to go. It was clear he wasn't today as there was no excuse for being outhustled to the loose ball that was stolen from him. Hopefully the quick yank woke him up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That was so bad. I really felt like Hurt would be a blue-collar / lunch-pail type player. That play was the complete opposite. He's young, so I get it. But he really needs to find some confidence quickly.

Was watching with a couple friends who are physical therapists. Both immediately thought Achilles. They said if it's not torn he's got a shot to play in the Sweet Sixteen, but Achilles are tough. He's not gonna be 100% the rest of the way, and it's probably better than 50/50 that he's done.

We were due for something to come up with our ridiculous health this year, but you gotta feel for Springs. Finally makes the tourney and can't play. That's awful.

I think Milwaukee made the tourney last year. Springs is our only player who had played in the tourney.

His brother just tweeted Damn Keem Done.

We might win a game or two without him but there goes this team's chance at a legitimate run in the NCAA tourney.

Actually, Hurt would match up pretty well against there 3s and 4s

What? He hasn't shown any toughness and he is much less athletic than his Michigan counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to miss Springs more on the defensive side. He's been more than anyone could've expected in that respect

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Agreed he is the best on ball defender. And when he is on this team is very very difficult to beat.
Coffey some 2
Sharp gets a few minutes

Hopefully Mr Hurt has learned a lot by watching most of this season. Now it's his time. Should be interesting. Gophers by 6.

What? He hasn't shown any toughness and he is much less athletic than his Michigan counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Size wise anyway....better than Gibert

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think Hurt would be that good if he played for Winona St. right now, let alone this very good Gopher squad. Did you notice how Mason wouldn't even cycle the ball through Hurt in the offensive set? They don't trust him. I would definitely bring in Sharpe to spell a guard, and bring in Gilbert to spell Coffey. Hurt just hurts us.

I don't think Hurt would be that good if he played for Winona St. right now, let alone this very good Gopher squad. Did you notice how Mason wouldn't even cycle the ball through Hurt in the offensive set? They don't trust him. I would definitely bring in Sharpe to spell a guard, and bring in Gilbert to spell Coffey. Hurt just hurts us.
Wow, relax. He's a freshman. Konate is no better and in his 3rd year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hurt just doesn't provide anything at this point. I'm sure it will click....but as of right now....I'd hope that Gilbert and Sharpe see some of those minutes.

Top Bottom