Springs Injury

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I was watching the game on my phone at work and didn't have sound. Did they talk about his injury? Didn't look good.

I really liked him starting and McBrayer off the bench. Kids been playing good hope he can step up!

No news but it sure had all the indications of an Achilles issue.

I said right away...the way he went down it look like an achilles injury...not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The replay didn't look bad, which makes me think that it could be really bad. I didn't see anything minor like a turned ankle or similar.

Very possible that his season is over.

Achilles. Calf muscled rolled up his leg.

had crutches and everything. this is awful.. will be great news if they say he can come back

Ufdah. Hope it was more of an ankle sprain but you are right it looked like something else.

i refuse to believe that he will be out for the tournament. maybe they were just being extra cautious

I cast my unfortunate vote on Achilles, as well. :sadface:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks to Springs for his great contributions; next man up (Hurt?)

I don't know if he'd be back out there on crutches if it was an Achilles. Hoping it's nothing worse than a pulled calf muscle. Not great, but better than an Achilles.

I don't know if he'd be back out there on crutches if it was an Achilles. Hoping it's nothing worse than a pulled calf muscle. Not great, but better than an Achilles.

yes, thinking this too. It did look like they taped up his foot though, making me think achilles?

Maybe he just sprained his foot or something?

Achilles. Calf muscled rolled up his leg.

I didn't quite see that (calf muscle). If it was something that serious why would they send him back out on crutches?

I wish Springs all the best. I don't expect him to return this season, but hopefully it's not a career ender and he can play overseas somewhere.

Prediction: Gilbert ignores transfer thread and comes up with a couple of key plays in the next game (assuming he plays). At this point, we just can't trust Hurt on the floor even for short stretches. He'll be better next year.

When he stood up and then bent over, he was comparing the feel of the achilles area on one leg to the other leg, then he sat back down.

I'd put a lot of money on Achilles, unfortunately. Just a terrible way for his season to end, and a position where our lack of depth is going to hurt. Paging Sharp. Let's see what you can do in a pinch again.

Watching the play again, to get around the MSU player he ended up with his leg landing much farther backward than intended and was putting his full weight on it to run. Took one step and right before putting weight on that foot again he pulled up and went down. Then his hand went straight to the side of his calf.

Michael Hurt is going to have to grow up pretty quick. We won't need major minutes or anything but we'll need serviceable minutes while Mason, McBrayer, or Coffey need a quick breather or God forbid get in foul trouble/hurt.

Stephen Sharp might need to step up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought as well. He didn't look devastated when the camera was on him after the game ended. Hoping for a rolled ankle.

We have been freakishly healthy this year. I can't think of a key player who has missed any time with injury the entire season, so it's especially painful to have a starter, team leader and our main outside threat likely out for the tournament, which is the worst possible timing. I feel awful for Akeem to miss the tourney, something he's worked so hard for.

From a statistical standpoint,

Springs averaging 23.9 minutes and 1.2 PF per game.

McBrayer averaging 27.2 minutes and 1.4 PF per game.

I say, duh. Good post, no way it's that bad of an ijury

We have been freakishly healthy this year. I can't think of a key player who has missed any time with injury the entire season, so it's especially painful to have a starter, team leader and our main outside threat likely out for the tournament, which is the worst possible timing. I feel awful for Akeem to miss the tourney, something he's worked so hard for.

we lost Fitzgerald before the season... imagine if he was available to replace Springs in the starting lineup

I just assumed they were super healthy because they sacrificed half of the Vikings

I'd be stunned if it was a torn Achilles. Maybe an Achilles injury but my guess is he plays again this year.

Top Bottom