ESPN: Bob Knight on ex-Indiana bosses: "I hope they're all dead"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Former Indiana coach Bob Knight said on Friday that he hopes school administration officials who were present when he was fired more than 16 years ago "are all dead."

During an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show, Knight was asked about a potential return to Bloomington's Assembly Hall, where he hasn't been since being fired from the school in September 2000.

"Well, I think that I've always really enjoyed the fans and I always will," Knight said. "On my dying day, I will think about how great the fans at Indiana were. As far as the hierarchy at Indiana University at that time, I have absolutely no respect whatsoever with those people. That in mind, I have no interest in ever going back to that university."

When Patrick mentioned that most of the leadership present at the time are no longer at the school, Knight said: "I hope they're all dead." Patrick then said some of those individuals are dead and Knight responded: "I hope the rest of them go."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-hopes-ex-indiana-university-bosses-all-dead

Go Gophers!!

Such a bitter, spiteful man. The qualities that made him a legendary coach are the same ones that lead to his inability to adapt and ultimately, his downfall.

I actually kind of feel bad for the General. He is going to die harboring all of this resentment and will never truly get the sendoff and recognition his career deserves.

Dear Bobby Knight: I am writing to inform you that there are now available decaffeinated coffees on the market that taste as good as the originals. Sincerely, Chris Knight, Pacific Tech, class of 1987.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Such a bitter, spiteful man. The qualities that made him a legendary coach are the same ones that lead to his inability to adapt and ultimately, his downfall.

I actually kind of feel bad for the General. He is going to die harboring all of this resentment and will never truly get the sendoff and recognition his career deserves.

He'll be fine and I don't think he cares about his "sendoff".

Classic bob knight, calling it how he sees it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Bobby Knight: I am writing to inform you that there are now available decaffeinated coffees on the market that taste as good as the originals. Sincerely, Chris Knight, Pacific Tech, class of 1987.

good Real Genius reference :thumbsup:

Bob Knight, one of the true legendary miserable pieces of $h!t.

I often brag that UMn passed on the chance to hire Bobby Knight.

Bob Knight is a stubborn person and he is sticking with what he believes in. I tend to support Knight a he stood against Tark and Kentucky back in the 80's when cheating ran rampant, as it apparently may still. (UNC)

Bobby Knight never cheated.

Knight felt that the AD and leadership an IU screwed him over and despite what Dick Vitale wants to see, he is not going back to Bloomington. I would like to see Bob Knight return to Assembly Hall, if only to stand with Landon Turner, Q. Buckner and other great Hoosiers to honor teams he lead.

The bottom line is Bob Knight is an Ohio State Bucikeye who played for Coach Fred Taylor and will stay on that side of things. If they apologized to him he might return to IU.

CBS: Bob Knight has long been a disgrace, but what he said Friday is a new low

Knight’s legacy has only been soiled by his own accord.

Knight, the mascot of a man-child for the worst of the worst when it comes to mental and verbal abuse in the coaching culture of yesteryear, was once placed alongside John Wooden as the greatest college basketball coach in history. In the December of his life, he has watched his protege, Mike Krzyzewski, breeze past him in that standing. This is a man who reached the Sweet 16 once in his final 13 years of coaching, a tyrant who sputtered off the sport’s sidelines before underwhelming as an unprepared color analyst.

Now Knight’s only redeeming quality is his still-evident influence and brilliant innovation of the motion offense. Everything else about him carries a stench of rage, irrationality and contempt. He is a bitter, aging man who is incapable of letting go. Knight still holds in contempt those who had the audacity, in his mind, to push him out in Bloomington. He hasn’t returned since. And never will.

“On my dying day, I will think about how great the fans at Indiana were,” Knight said, speaking to an imaginary contingent, a faction of supporters who are a fraction of the size in reality to what he believes exists. “And as far as the hierarchy at Indiana University at that time, I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for those people. With that in mind, I have no interest in ever going back to that university.”

Indiana shouldn’t welcome him. In fact, in light of Knight’s abhorrent quotes to millions over public radio on Friday, the school should ban him for life. Endorsing the deaths of school administrators is crossing the line. Knight lived far too long doing what he wanted to do, saying what he wanted to say, choking who he wanted to choke.

Indiana can let his memory linger with whatever trophies and photos adorn Assembly Hall, but let that be it. Knight thinks he’s won by cutting ties with IU. Truth is, Indiana’s too good for Knight now. In the 17 years since the divorce, the school has moved on, but been willing to welcome him back. That can end now. Bob Knight is not Basketball Jesus in Indiana, and he isn’t worthy of a homecoming.

His style of coaching is going extinct, his force of personality fades further into irrelevance, and with these latest remarks, Knight’s place in college basketball and at Indiana University is no longer worthy of discussion. Let him live out his days in isolated anger, punching at ghosts, while the rest of the sport and the place he helped build leaves him behind.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...isgrace-but-what-he-said-friday-cannot-slide/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom