***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Because it is warranted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the refs were fine and announcers rarely annoy me including today. Fans are biased and too sensitive.

Why does every game day thread include constant complaining about the announcers and the officials?

Complaining about the officials is just a fan reality. As for the announcers, they were exceptionally one sided in this game and basically admitted as much at the end when they started talking about how tough we were and how they had not seen us live this season.

They gave a tongue bath to Bridges for the entire game and it was very clear they knew a ton about MSU and very very little about us. I think fans get carried away at times with their bashing of announcers but in this game it was 100% warranted because those guys were extremely pro MSU during the broadcast.

Complaining about the officials is just a fan reality. As for the announcers, they were exceptionally one sided in this game and basically admitted as much at the end when they started talking about how tough we were and how they had not seen us live this season.

They gave a tongue bath to Bridges for the entire game and it was very clear they knew a ton about MSU and very very little about us. I think fans get carried away at times with their bashing of announcers but in this game it was 100% warranted because those guys were extremely pro MSU during the broadcast.

Michigan State has a much bigger national brand than the Gophers. Bridges will be a top five pick this year. I don't think it is unusual for both to get more coverage than the Gophers or any player on our team. That being said, I don't think it was as one-sided as you. I thought Dakich was very complimentary of the Gophers throughout the game. He doesn't control which ESPN games he gets assigned to.

Michigan State has a much bigger national brand than the Gophers. Bridges will be a top five pick this year. I don't think it is unusual for both to get more coverage than the Gophers or any player on our team. That being said, I don't think it was as one-sided as you. I thought Dakich was very complimentary of the Gophers throughout the game. He doesn't control which ESPN games he gets assigned to.

Agreed.

I actually liked Dakich too. I thought he did a solid job today, even if he was shading in favor of MSU a bit. He was complimentary about Lynch and Mason, and I liked hearing it.

Dakich gets a little annoying at times, but overall I think he does a good job. He is one of he better commentators out there. He takes a lot of chances and is wrong at times, but he will step back and admit his failings Jay Bilas is great and I am always a fan of Bill Raftery.

Ellis yes. Tum tum was recruited but didn't commit to gophers Ellis left after tubby was fired.

Ah. Well then I can't really hold a grudge towards either. Was nice to get them back for the two previous losses though. MSU really needed this win. They might be sweating it out on Sunday.

Great win for the Gophers, but I feel terrible for Akeem Springs. That was a knock 'em down, drag 'em out street fight of a basketball game and as Pitino said post game, they had to muck it up against Sparty to beat them at their own game. You let Michigan State get out in transition and you get run out of the gym, much like how things went down earlier this year in East Lansing.

Springs posted on Instagram that his season is over, which means he likely blew out his Achilles. We'll miss the perimeter shooting and the ability he had to create on his own shot, but he'll be missed more for his defense. He often guards the opponent's best scorer, and now he'll need to be a leader from the bench. McBrayer will get a bulk of his minutes, but everybody will need to do a little bit more to pick him up. Mason needs too be a little more aggressive and look for his shot, but overall a very gritty win today.

We missed quite a few lay-ups today anticipating contact and not going strong to the rim. Focus on finishing and the rest takes care of itself.

Was anyone else noticing that Ward from MSU is now carrying the Elliott Eliason "I can't believe that was a foul. I've never fouled" torch?

Ward is to the sort of player I would want on any team I coached. Tate from Ohio State player is the same sort of player; strong, but quick player than can beat bigger "bigs" to the hole. Lynch and Murphy did hold it down on defense, though.

I am always impressed with shorter power players like Charles Barkley than can dominate in the post vs. taller players. Murphy is sort of that type of player, except his wing span is huge, and he has hops. plus he must weigh 245.

Top Bottom