Wow, 2017-2018 season ticket info already out

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The U ticket office sure is jumping on the good season. Here is the email I just received:

Excitement around the basketball program is building, including near-capacity crowds at Williams Arena in February. The Gophers completed their best regular season in school history and will enter post-season play tomorrow at the Big Ten Tournament, followed by the NCAA Tournament next week.

“Our fans have done an unbelievable job in making the Barn one of the toughest places to play in the Big Ten,” said Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino. “Without them, we would not have had the success we did in winning 17 home games and positioning ourselves for an NCAA berth."

Next year’s Gopher squad will return all but two players, including All-Big Ten selections Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy, Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year Reggie Lynch, and Big Ten All-Freshman Team honoree Amir Coffey. Pitino, who was named the Big Ten Coach of the Year, will welcome a nationally-ranked recruiting class that includes guards Isaiah Washington and Jamir Harris.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onli..._campaign=MBBSeasonTickets17&utm_medium=email

Ticket prices for 18 games are either $640 or $529 depending on location, it looks like the donation prices are still the same.

Go Gophers!!

Apparently, we are playing Ohio State at MSG next year

"Benefits available to season ticket holders include membership in the new Gopher Loyalty Program, discounted pricing compared to single-game prices, guaranteed seat location for all home games, priority access to postseason and special game tickets (such as the Gophers’ game versus Ohio State next January at Madison Square Garden) and more."

Apparently, we are playing Ohio State at MSG next year

"Benefits available to season ticket holders include membership in the new Gopher Loyalty Program, discounted pricing compared to single-game prices, guaranteed seat location for all home games, priority access to postseason and special game tickets (such as the Gophers’ game versus Ohio State next January at Madison Square Garden) and more."

It's part of a Gopher hoops/Gopher hockey double header at MSG. We are giving up a men's basketball home game for a neutral site game.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...ed-in-2018-Super-Saturday-Doubleheader-at-MSG

Go Gophers!!

I'm in. Going to make the leap and get season tickets with my wife (cancelled Wolves tickets)

I am actually encouraged to see them trying to use this years success to build excitement for next year now as opposed to waiting. We have all laughed at how long it takes for football season ticket info to come out sometimes and how little marketing there is for it. Why not strike when the iron is hot when you have an exciting team like the basketball team that looks poised to have a great year next season.

Ugh, I had forgotten about that stupid decision. We should renege on the deal, makes zero sense for us.

The way I understand it is that over the 7 years of the MSG games, all the basketball teams will play once.Someone has to be home, and someone has to be visitor.

The way I understand it is that over the 7 years of the MSG games, all the basketball teams will play once.Someone has to be home, and someone has to be visitor.

Ahhh, OK then. If that is the case then we might as well get it out of the way early. I'm assuming the Rutgers-Wisconsin game this season was the first in the series?

Still sucks that we have to be the one losing a home game. Moneybags Delaney strikes again.

Ahhh, OK then. If that is the case then we might as well get it out of the way early. I'm assuming the Rutgers-Wisconsin game this season was the first in the series?

Still sucks that we have to be the one losing a home game. Moneybags Delaney strikes again.

I think Rutgers-Wisconsin was #3. Penn St played in both games the 1st year.

Thinking about taking the plunge for the first time. Went to virtually every home the gm the past two years, with most of my college debt taken care of I'm ready to join the club!

How much is the donation?

And? The Big Ten Tournament is at the Garden next season. Giving up a marquee home game to play there again is ridiculous.

I'm not sure Ohio State can be considered a marquee home game any more. Conference game, yes. Marquee? I don't think so.

I'm not sure Ohio State can be considered a marquee home game any more. Conference game, yes. Marquee? I don't think so.

I guess that's true considering their past two seasons, but Ohio State has definitely been one of the best teams in the league for the past decade plus.

Guess u haven't seen there recruits coming in?? Just like Minnesota from last year to this year.

And? The Big Ten Tournament is at the Garden next season. Giving up a marquee home game to play there again is ridiculous.

We'll have 3 NYC kids playing for us next year. That's another great way for Pitino and staff to connect Minnesota back to their homes.

Ugh, I had forgotten about that stupid decision. We should renege on the deal, makes zero sense for us.

Going to have several NY area kids- will help to keep the pipeline open hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought tickets today. Not sure where since they are waiting for the adjustment period or something but pretty stoked to be committed!

I bought tickets today. Not sure where since they are waiting for the adjustment period or something but pretty stoked to be committed!

Question: what rows in the upper level have chair backs? Like 1-4? 1-6? I can't remember.

Question: what rows in the upper level have chair backs? Like 1-4? 1-6? I can't remember.

I am in row 5 on bench seats in section 201. The row in front of me has backs.

I'm most worried about Thad Matta. Health issues seem to be a huge problem right now for him.

I am in row 5 on bench seats in section 201. The row in front of me has backs.

Hey man, that's what I call "virtual first class". The first row of benches are the seats with the most leg room!

Hey man, that's what I call "virtual first class". The first row of benches are the seats with the most leg room!
Correct. I moved down from row 8 and loved the decision and leg room. First row of non-donation seats, too. Good value.

Home/Road/Neutral Breakdown?

Tickets prices are the same, but there'll be less home games next season. We had 21 this season counting the exhibition, pretty sure I saw somewhere there'll be 19 this season? Am guessing the breakdown will be something like this:

Exhibition = 1
Non-Conference = 10 (1 ACC Challenge)
B1G = 8

That would leave 12-13 road/neutral games, presumably:

9 B1G road games
1 B1G neutral-site game (vs. OSU @ MSG)
1 road game (Arkansas)
1 neutral-site game vs. TBD opponent (Sioux Falls)
1 other road/neutral game (perhaps Big East opponent for Gavitt Tip-Off games?)

Top Bottom