Coach Fleck Mic'd up Day 1 in the Books Video!

ELITEEvan

Taco Member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FYI it's also on the gopher sports youtube, which has a better quality video:

Great videos guys thanks for posting!!!

At 1:20 , who did he wrestle with?? Kid looked embarrassed..

As much emphasis he puts on the ball at the beginning of the video, maybe we will see fewer dropped passes this year.

Can see one massive difference between coaching style during practice already.

Mason - Spent most of his time with the offense
Brewster - Moved around but used a golf cart to get from drill to drill much of the time
Kill - More active and vocal with all position groups but not same stamina level as Fleck
Claeys - Much more studious approach
Fleck - High energy apparently at all times. Never would have seen any of the guys above wrestling with a player for the ball or running with a play.

I can see where Fleck's style would play well with players. Practice is boring but when the head coach is out there running around and into things I could see where as a player it would give you some added energy and desire. Not to mention that you never know if he is watching because he moves around so much.

Looked like Gentry in injured jersey. Also thought I saw Lingen, Beebe, Witham, Wright in red jersey. Maybe 20 and 12... Poock, Julian Huff in injury jersey.

Mayes, Olson, Dovich, Connelly, Greene, Oseland among uninjured oline guys working out.

Weyler in injured jersey.

Looked like Gentry in injured jersey. Also thought I saw Lingen, Beebe, Witham, Wright in red jersey. Maybe 20 and 12... Poock, Julian Huff in injury jersey.

Mayes, Olson, Dovich, Connelly, Greene, Oseland among uninjured oline guys working out.

Does he have any other jersey? I was most enthused by his comments on Still - I have always thought the sky was the limit for him. It will be interesting to see how he does with a different (better?) position coach. I have to assume our previous WR coach(s) was not good at his job.

Does he have any other jersey? I was most enthused by his comments on Still - I have always thought the sky was the limit for him. It will be interesting to see how he does with a different (better?) position coach. I have to assume our previous WR coach(s) was not good at his job.

Not sure I would pin it all on the position coach. I think the offense as a whole under the previous regime could never figure out the forward pass and how to use it as part of the scheme. They did ok with the running game but the passing game was a true mystery to them. Who knows, maybe at some point we can even get to the point where we average 200 passing yards a game and manage to top 20 passing TD for the season....crazy talk I know but one can dream.

Not sure I would pin it all on the position coach. I think the offense as a whole under the previous regime could never figure out the forward pass and how to use it as part of the scheme. They did ok with the running game but the passing game was a true mystery to them. Who knows, maybe at some point we can even get to the point where we average 200 passing yards a game and manage to top 20 passing TD for the season....crazy talk I know but one can dream.

That is crazy talk! :clap:

Now that the players have seen that coach will attempt to strip the ball from them, we may see tougher battles yet where Fleck will lose and that is ok. We need to hang onto the ball.

Panama Jack, lookin elite!
3c912a0bd450495d2390242e22d13ab3.jpg

Upon further inspection of those yoga pants...it seemed better to censor my own picture. Oops.

We averaged more than 200 passing yards per game in 2015.

We averaged more than 200 passing yards per game in 2015.

Knew even as I typed it that I should have put 210 yards because of that one year blip where we got to 205 a game with a 15/11 TD/INT ratio which was good for like 8th in the conference.

Still can be freaky good...hope it happens.

Picked up in that too. Nice video. Don't know if Fleck's energy just looks different when coaching, or if he was a little more subdued in the video clips, but I enjoyed seeing him in action.

Crazy good talk...definitely think it is possible with how Fleck uses the pass in the offense. I see Mitch's rushing TD total from last year replaced with passing TDs this year. Also think the fact that Fleck played at WR can only help with that group.

Coach might want to take a math class...

Looked like chaos in the beginning of that video but sounded like they are getting some food stuff done. Will be fun to attend the open practices, you could feel the energy in that video.

Top Bottom