Former Gopher coach Brian Anderson on Twitter: "Change the culture? Oh Please"

Try reading my post again. I didn't say the kid was lying or that the new coaches were better. I said when asked, what is the kid gonna say. Do you wonder why you are never invited to parties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell the truth because there's no name to it? Isn't saying someone is better when they're not the definition of a lie? I listened to it again and Gobie said the recievers believe they've learned more in the last three weeks then they have ever before. But I'm sure they're just hyping up the new staff annoynomously my mistake.

Clearly Anderson sucked. Clearly the new coaches are better. Clearly the kids love them more and are learning more. Everyone happy?

Clearly Anderson sucked. Clearly the new coaches are better. Clearly the kids love them more and are learning more. Everyone happy?

One thing for sure is Anderson definitely sucked as a recievers coach.

You want people to guess the exact sexual practices of people in MPLS and you're faux shocked that the responses are a tinge creepy?

As to your second statement, I didn't say that, I don't really spend much time thinking about the consensual sex of other people. I said that there were probably hundreds of people in MPLS that had consensual group sex on Thursday evening. You were the one who got all creepy with specifics.

As to the "how deviant" . . . what does that even mean? There are people who think a woman showing her face is deviant. There are people who think any pre-marital sex is deviant. So what. Deviance means absolutely nothing. What matters is if you're hurting anyone and if you're infringing on anyone else's rights. You seem to want to pick and choose what other people should/shouldn't do, that's pretty deviant to me.

It is a statistical term, Bob. I was trying to make a joke. I'm not picking or choosing what anyone can do. Read above. I was disputing how common something is after an assertion you made.

My original reason for quoting you, was to see if you were talking about garlic chip ice cream (it is good by the way) and referring to it as ice cream. And, it appears that you are, and don't see a difference, and I will drop it. Just because others don't enjoy garlic chip, don't accuse them of wanting to ban it. It is Ok point out that it isn't even Baskin Robbins 32nd flavor.

Absolutely. I think it is great to get on board with the new staff, but why does that mean you have attack the previous staff who worked hard and accomplished a lot of good things.

The reality is that the group of posters who do this will do the exact same thing when the day comes that PJ leaves. Then they will turn it around and bash the hell out this staff to show their devotion to the new one.

You are probably right. I hope that's years away, though. Still, it amazes me that some still feel the need to tamp down expectations for Fleck. Makes no sense. They go from ML is a trainwreck for a QB to...OMG, Gophs have a YUGE uncertainty at QB.

You are probably right. I hope that's years away, though. Still, it amazes me that some still feel the need to tamp down expectations for Fleck. Makes no sense. They go from ML is a trainwreck for a QB to...OMG, Gophs have a YUGE uncertainty at QB.

It does make sense when you figure out the equation. The bigger Fleckster you are, the less you expect. His wife is likely predicting 0-12. Conversely, the more skeptical you are of Fleck, the more you expect. I think we can improve on last-years 9* win total. Therefore, I am clearly a Fleck-Hater. Sid is likely the biggest of all Fleck-Haters.

this ever happen to anyone else. is the matrix trying to tell me something?

NO9oPDW.png

Sometimes I wonder if you would get less of an argument on Gopherhole if you just said "On Wisconsin!" The in-fighting is becoming quite a turn-off.

Sometimes I wonder if you would get less of an argument on Gopherhole if you just said "On Wisconsin!" The in-fighting is becoming quite a turn-off.

We all hate Wisconsin, we all hate Iowa. When the disagreements stop, it will be a sign of apathy rather than harmony.

If the post is submitted within two minutes of each other, the stupid post goes on top.

If the post is submitted within the same two minutes the stupid post goes on top.

The one where the poster said nothing more than they agreed with you was the stupid one? I guess there is logic in that.

The one where the poster said nothing more than they agreed with you was the stupid one? I guess there is logic in that.

Thanks- snorted my coffee through my nose.

I haven't heard one person state they don't have bigger expectations overall for Fleck. If Fleck doesn't improve upon Kill and Claeys winning percentage, it was a failed hire. Happy?

The point many have made is that there are some big gaps on the roster next year. Just because Claeys won 9 games in 2016 doesn't mean that he would have repeated that in 2017. And it doesn't mean hiring Fleck was a failure if he wins 7 or 8 next season.

On the coaching issue: Fleck is the coach now. What he and his staff do going forward will be judged based on the results on the field.

There is NO need to bash, criticize or otherwise denigrate any former coaches. If Anderson was a bad coach, that does NOT make Fleck's staff better.

I will say that again for the reading-impaired: If Anderson was a bad coach, that does NOT make Fleck's staff better.

But some people on this board seem to think that, by putting down the former staff, they make Fleck's staff look better by comparison. I think all they are doing is showing their insecurity. IF you truly believe that Fleck and his staff are better, then the results should clearly demonstrate that. Unless you aren't are sure as you seem, and are trying to hedge your bet.

On the coaching issue: Fleck is the coach now. What he and his staff do going forward will be judged based on the results on the field.

There is NO need to bash, criticize or otherwise denigrate any former coaches. If Anderson was a bad coach, that does NOT make Fleck's staff better.

I will say that again for the reading-impaired: If Anderson was a bad coach, that does NOT make Fleck's staff better.

But some people on this board seem to think that, by putting down the former staff, they make Fleck's staff look better by comparison. I think all they are doing is showing their insecurity. IF you truly believe that Fleck and his staff are better, then the results should clearly demonstrate that. Unless you aren't are sure as you seem, and are trying to hedge your bet.

People complained about the WR and QB positions for years under Kill/Claeys. In fact, Claeys thought it was so bad that he fired Zebrowski and Limegrover last year to improve the offense. Time will tell if the passing game is better under Fleck, but it was definitely superior at WMU. And Anderson is absolutely rippable due to his tweet. He opened himself up for everything on this thread.

and, on the group sex debate:

The issue is not how many people are having group sex. The issue, as it relates to the Gopher FB team, is how many people take part in a sexual encounter where one of the participants claims that at least some of the sex was not consensual. I would think that is a very small category.

Personally, if you want to have sex with 5 people and a goat, that's your business. Just don't ask me to watch. I don't think sex is a spectator sport.
(but, having a very small penis, I don't want anyone else to see me naked.........)

and, on the group sex debate:

The issue is not how many people are having group sex. The issue, as it relates to the Gopher FB team, is how many people take part in a sexual encounter where one of the participants claims that at least some of the sex was not consensual. I would think that is a very small category.

Personally, if you want to have sex with 5 people and a goat, that's your business. Just don't ask me to watch. I don't think sex is a spectator sport.
(but,
having a very small penis, I don't want anyone else to see me naked.........)

I deeply respect your honesty

People complained about the WR and QB positions for years under Kill/Claeys. In fact, Claeys thought it was so bad that he fired Zebrowski and Limegrover last year to improve the offense. Time will tell if the passing game is better under Fleck, but it was definitely superior at WMU. And Anderson is absolutely rippable due to his tweet. He opened himself up for everything on this thread.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Claeys was the worst coach in the history of D1 FB. Let's say all of his assistants were drooling, incompetent morons.

Would that make PJ Fleck a better coach? Would it make his assistants better coaches? NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

If Fleck goes 5-7 next year, are you going to blame Claeys for that, too? Strike that - you will blame Claeys for that, since even Fleck's brilliant coaching could not overcome Claeys' terrible recruiting and coaching, which left the program in such a terrible state they only won 9 games last year and upset a higher-rated team in a bowl game.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Claeys was the worst coach in the history of D1 FB. Let's say all of his assistants were drooling, incompetent morons.

Would that make PJ Fleck a better coach? Would it make his assistants better coaches? NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

If Fleck goes 5-7 next year, are you going to blame Claeys for that, too? Strike that - you will blame Claeys for that, since even Fleck's brilliant coaching could not overcome Claeys' terrible recruiting and coaching, which left the program in such a terrible state they only won 9 games last year and upset a higher-rated team in a bowl game.

Fleck has proved he is a good coach by what he did at Western Michigan. That's the only reason he got this job. So yes, it's very possible that he and some of his assistants are better coaches than what we had before. But now he has to prove it on the field at Minnesota.

How do you know Claeys wouldn't have gone 5-7 next year? He and Jerry went 6-7 in 2016. Just because we won 9 last year doesn't mean Fleck, Claeys or Nick Saban could necessarily win 9 again this season. You have to dig deeper and look at the roster and schedule.

We can't criticize the previous regimes passing offense because they aren't here anymore. Got it, any other rules we have to follow? How are we supposed to have expectations for the next staff if we don't talk about the last staff?

We can't criticize the previous regimes passing offense because they aren't here anymore. Got it, any other rules we have to follow? How are we supposed to have expectations for the next staff if we don't talk about the last staff?

What is the point of criticizing the previous regime's passing offense? they will not be coaching the Gophers this year. The Gophers will presumably be running a different offensive scheme with a different QB.

Are your expectations for the next staff based solely on how they compare to the previous staff? Can't they be judged on their own merits?

If Fleck is a better coach, we'll be able to tell based on the results on the field. If Fleck is not a better coach, we'll be able to tell based on the results on the field.

What is the point of criticizing the previous regime's passing offense? they will not be coaching the Gophers this year. The Gophers will presumably be running a different offensive scheme with a different QB.

Are your expectations for the next staff based solely on how they compare to the previous staff? Can't they be judged on their own merits?

If Fleck is a better coach, we'll be able to tell based on the results on the field. If Fleck is not a better coach, we'll be able to tell based on the results on the field.

So it sounds like your expectations are based on how the last staff performed.

Every team compares their coach with the previous one. That's usually the best way to judge them.

Because it wasn't very good and I hope the new regimes passing offense is better? The results on the field were due to the previous coaches successes and failures. So we shouldn't talk about them for what reason?

We won 9 games last year. I don't care if we ran the wishbone like Army or Navy and never passed the ball. We won 9 games. We beat up on a pass happy Washington State team. I enjoyed last year. I have no reason to complain about the last coaching staff.
I expect Panama Jack to pick up from where we left off and reach higher heights. I look forward to it. I don't care if Fleck's teams pass for 100 or 400 yards per game. Just win.

We can't criticize the previous regimes passing offense because they aren't here anymore. Got it, any other rules we have to follow? <b>How are we supposed to have expectations for the next staff if we don't talk about the last staff?</b>

Wins & Loses?

Why the deep-seated fear of critiquing last year's staff? They aren't children. They aren't delicate flowers. Posters aren't going to hell for pointing out insufficiencies in TC and staff. I liked TC a lot, but see no reason why people should be shushed and sternly warned away from criticizing last year's coaches.

Top Bottom