All Things Big Ten Tournament Other Games Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Tip off for the Wednesday games are just a few hours away! Glad we're not playing.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rutgers is probably about to beat Ohio State. 59-54 Rugters with under a minute to go.

The Penn State vs Nebraska game was pretty interesting for a Wednesday game. Michigan State better watch out tomorrow.

The Penn State vs Nebraska game was pretty interesting for a Wednesday game. Michigan State better watch out tomorrow.

We sat next to some frustrated Penn State fans last night who rightfully thought their team should have beaten Nebraska by 20. A pile of unforced turnovers and long periods of not getting the ball inside. That having been said, I think the Nits have a much better nance to take down Sparty. I'd love to see it but PSU has to play a near perfect game.

Throw in the Rutgers OSU game and there was plenty of evidence why each of these teams was invited to Weakling Wednesday.

I am liking DC but not Verizon.

How much of a factor is playing back-to-back games (MSU as our opponent) or back-to-back-to-back games (PSU as our opponent)?

Is the "tired legs" things overrated?

How much of a factor is playing back-to-back games (MSU as our opponent) or back-to-back-to-back games (PSU as our opponent)?

Isn't that sorta what happened to us against Ohio State in the championship game? Ohio State kinda sleepwalked through their first couple games. Beat Michigan on a half court buzzer beater, beat Illinois in double overtime, then beat us by I think 29 in our fourth(?) game in 4 days.

I believe it is an advantage for the team playing their second game, and a disadvantage for their third+. For example, it will be an advantage for Sparty Friday if they win as they will have a rhythm and we could be flat footed. But Saturday fatigue will creep in.

Similarly, if PSU wins it will be a disadvantage for them Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it is an advantage for the team playing their second game, and a disadvantage for their third+. For example, it will be an advantage for Sparty Friday if they win as they will have a rhythm and we could be flat footed. But Saturday fatigue will creep in.

Similarly, if PSU wins it will be a disadvantage for them Friday.

agreed 100%. Great point

After the plane accident yesterday, Michigan finally landed in DC - three hours before their game starts.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not going to be surprised at all if Illinois beats them. Between deplaning, getting through DC traffic, and unloading at Verizon Center they're going to have about 45 minutes to get ready.

Michigan will crush Illinois. That is my prediction. Weird circumstances lead to them being there late which will somehow get the team to bond and into the finals of the BTT

Michigan vs. Illinois tip pushed back to 12:20 in Big Ten Tournament after travel difficulties

What a joke, the conference deigns to grant only a 20 minute delay? Crazy

Michigan is playing really well and Stomping Illinois.

look out BIG 10 teams

Don't know if I can get used to waiting until Friday. its too long!

MSU jumping on Penn St early. Can't decide who to root for in this one. Obviously would have a better shot to beat Penn St, but if by chance we lost to them, I have to believe it would hurt our seeding more than beating MSU would help. Don't think it will make a huge difference either way though. Also kind of want another shot at MSU.

In the end, I still think this Gopher team has the ability to make a run to the title game, so I guess I'll root for the easiest path to get there.

Double Bye = too much time on my hands to worry about what-if scenarios.

30-13 Michigan State. Let's hope the buzz saw is dulled a bit before tomorrow. :eek:

30-13 Michigan State. Let's hope the buzz saw is dulled a bit before tomorrow. :eek:

It's going to be the pleasantest of pleasant surprises in MN pulls it off tomorrow.

It's going to be the pleasantest of pleasant surprises in MN pulls it off tomorrow.

Either they pull it off or will receive the dubious honor of 3 losses to the same team in a season

Either they pull it off or will receive the dubious honor of 3 losses to the same team in a season

Michigan State has a ton to prove, knows they wiped the floor with MN last time out, knows they swept MN, and this is probably the team MN has the lowest confidence against.

Recipe for a loss, but it's the B1G Ten.

This is a good opportunity for the Gophers to prove they have some metal.

Michigan State has a ton to prove, knows they wiped the floor with MN last time out, knows they swept MN, and this is probably the team MN has the lowest confidence against.

Recipe for a loss, but it's the B1G Ten.

This is a good opportunity for the Gophers to prove they have some metal.

Very nice opportunity that doesn't hurt them badly if they lose.

This MSU-PSU game is getting messy. Can't believe some of the stuff that's going without a whistle.

MSU has always concerned me the most of all the Big 10 teams. That concern proved to be justified during the regular season. Now I'm even more concerned about tomorrow's game. Would be a great win. Go Gophers!

MSU played well although Penn state played HORRIBLE

Top Bottom