All Things 2017 Gophers Spring Football Elite Thread (Tweets, Links, Analysis & More)

PJF ran during drills. He wrestled with TJ6. He changed some culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What we really need is a coach that wants to knife fight with the kids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J31uAcmpteU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What we really need is a coach that wants to knife fight with the kids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J31uAcmpteU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I could go for some guys the size of Posey on the team....

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was expecting numbers 1 & 2 would be of fleck sprinting and ripping the ball out of the receivers hands. ?

Looks like #7 Green still throws like Uncle Rico. That Croft throw was beautiful...Celestin punked by my boy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xL-VX3WbA9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is Rhoda 15? His release looked all kinds of strange too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If the Coaches are making an emphasis on catching the ball, that's fine. I'm willing to bet the previous staff also wanted the receivers to catch the ball.

it may very well turn out that the new staff has some different techniques or different motivational ploys that work better with certain players compared to the previous staff. Nothing wrong with trying something new. I tend to believe that it all comes down to talent. give me enough talent, and I can look like a great coach. Give me Troy Williamson, and no amount of motivational methods are going to make him into a receiver.

But, offense works as a unit. to have a good passing game, you need the line to block- you need the WR's to run their routes correctly - at the right depth - you need the QB's to make good reads, and deliver the ball on time to the right location. Do all of that - the result is a completion. If any one of those areas fails, the result is an incompletion or an interception. We'll see this fall if Fleck can get all the pieces to mesh into a coordinated attack.

Were we not focusing on catching with JK and TC?

Man maybe we needed this guy:

Is Rhoda 15? His release looked all kinds of strange too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I thought it looked good...quick slant pass. I thought both Croft and Rhoda throws looked good. Having said that, if they all are accurate, their throwing motions don't bother me. Tebow is the poster boy for that...

Interesting they chose to feature two PWO wide receivers. (Geary and Morse) They did look good. Could be nothing, could be the best we have. Anxious to see practice.
These were highlights...how many throws were in the weeds or to the wrong color jersey? Anxious to see....lots of questions. Throws often there, but we can't consistently catch? Receivers open every route or seldom? etc

Man I hope so but practice reports on WRs.... Jerry Kill was raving about some freshmen one year before a bowl game.... obviously never happened.

Interesting they chose to feature two PWO wide receivers. (Geary and Morse) They did look good. Could be nothing, could be the best we have. Anxious to see practice.
These were highlights...how many throws were in the weeds or to the wrong color jersey? Anxious to see....lots of questions. Throws often there, but we can't consistently catch? Receivers open every route or seldom? etc

Man I hope so but practice reports on WRs.... Jerry Kill was raving about some freshmen one year before a bowl game.... obviously never happened.

I thought Tyler Jonson looked game in early games last year... dude disappeared off the face of the earth :(

I thought Tyler Jonson looked game in early games last year... dude disappeared off the face of the earth :(

Not the first WR under the previous staff to pull that trick off.

If the Coaches are making an emphasis on catching the ball, that's fine. I'm willing to bet the previous staff also wanted the receivers to catch the ball.

it may very well turn out that the new staff has some different techniques or different motivational ploys that work better with certain players compared to the previous staff. Nothing wrong with trying something new. I tend to believe that it all comes down to talent. give me enough talent, and I can look like a great coach. Give me Troy Williamson, and no amount of motivational methods are going to make him into a receiver.

But, offense works as a unit. to have a good passing game, you need the line to block- you need the WR's to run their routes correctly - at the right depth - you need the QB's to make good reads, and deliver the ball on time to the right location. Do all of that - the result is a completion. If any one of those areas fails, the result is an incompletion or an interception. We'll see this fall if Fleck can get all the pieces to mesh into a coordinated attack.

This is a brilliant treatise on the inner workings of offensive football. I feel like I finally understand how it works. Would you be willing to explain defense for me now?

This is a brilliant treatise on the inner workings of offensive football. I feel like I finally understand how it works. Would you be willing to explain defense for me now?

Just trying to make a point, smart-ass. On a thread talking about receivers catching the ball, just trying to point out that it's all connected. You can have great receivers who can catch bullets, but if you don't have a good OL or good QB, your receivers are not going to be a major factor.

And on defense - find player with ball. tackle him. that simple enough for you? - a couple of those words had more than one syllable.

Has anyone figured out yet if the previous coaches forgot to tell the receivers to catch the ball?

Has anyone figured out yet if the previous coaches forgot to tell the receivers to catch the ball?

They did, but players didn't hear it because they had headphones on. #RTB

This will be my first time going to a Gopher spring game. Anything I should know? Get there early? What is it like?

This will be my first time going to a Gopher spring game. Anything I should know? Get there early? What is it like?

Hard to say with the depleted OL. Doubt it will be a "typical" spring game- then again seems spring game styles change for lots of reasons including a new coach.

Just trying to make a point, smart-ass. On a thread talking about receivers catching the ball, just trying to point out that it's all connected. You can have great receivers who can catch bullets, but if you don't have a good OL or good QB, your receivers are not going to be a major factor.

And on defense - find player with ball. tackle him. that simple enough for you? - a couple of those words had more than one syllable.

Ouch, that hurt

They are not usually very well attended. You will get a great seat. If there is bad weather you might get your own section.

Can pick your seat, they'll give you a roster to know who is who, they open up a few concessions stands. To me, the worst thing has been the crappy music that they play throughout the scrimmage. I expect that Fleck will continue this tradition because the players apparently like it. It would be cool to have the band come and make it feel more like a college game day atmosphere.

Top Bottom