Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    Not a Borton fan here but, actually, the real difference is that Borton and those All Americans made it to a Final Four and a Sweet Sixteen, whereas Stollings couldn't even win a single NCAA tournament game.
    Actually Borton made two sweet sixteens bookending the final four appearance. In the first, they lost to Texas in Palo Alto where they had defeated Stanford in round two the previous week. And, of course, two years later, they lost in the sweet sixteen to eventual champion Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by samloupete View Post
    I had forgotten about Kaba. Hopefully, if Stollings stays, she will put a lot more effort into recruiting Minnesota for some of these younger players!! Thanks
    From what little I've seen of her, looks like she's basically another Bello?

Unfortunately, Kaba isn't as good as Bello

For people in the state of Minnesota with local TV stations available, you can see two Gopher Recruits that are currently playing in MN Girls State basketball tournament.

All Games are on KSTP channel 45

Destiny Oberg-Sopheromore Center from Holy Angels on at noon CST

Paige Bueckers- Freshman Point-Guard from Hopkins at 6 PM CST

Quote Originally Posted by bball_craz_26 View Post
    For people in the state of Minnesota with local TV stations available, you can see two Gopher Recruits that are currently playing in MN Girls State basketball tournament.

All Games are on KSTP channel 45

Destiny Oberg-Sopheromore Center from Holy Angels on at noon CST

Paige Bueckers- Freshman Point-Guard from Hopkins at 6 PM CST
    Not today, though, right? Thursday? And KSTC, not KSTP?

Correct it is on Thursday. My apologies on wrong TV station. Also wanna make a correction.. Oberg/Holy Angels plays at 2 not noon.

Not today, though, right? Thursday? And KSTC, not KSTP?

What's the Gophers' record of success for recruiting from Hopkins?

2 for 4 if my memory serves me correctly.

They Lost out on Nia Coffey and Nia Hollie and they were able to get Leslie Knight and Liz Podominick

Those are the only four from Hopkins I know that they offered to

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    What's the Gophers' record of success for recruiting from Hopkins?

Liz Podominick was from Lakeville.

Update: Gopher Sophomore Center Recruit Destiny Oberg Scored 15 Points and had 13 Rebounds in a semifinal loss in the state tournament today's.

Bueckers was spectacular today in Hopkins' (narrow, possibly not entirely deserved) win over Eastview. Wow, is she impressive. Calm, not fantastic on defense but has active hands (she got crucial steals and a block), a steady rebounder and a great shooter who can shoot the three, drive to the basket, stop and pop (she had one drive through three defenders for an off-balance, circus, scoop shot at the rim that made me think she's stronger than her lanky frame would suggest). Scored 31 and I have not seen a box score but it seemed like she was shooting for a very high percentage. Forget the next three years of high school. The Gophers need her next year. There's another chance to watch her Friday as undefeated Hopkins takes on undefeated Elk River in the title game, on KSTC at

This kid is the real deal. I have no doubt she will be a top 25 rated player by the time she is a senior. I could also see her easily being a Mcdonalds All-American.

Bueckers was spectacular today in Hopkins' (narrow, possibly not entirely deserved) win over Eastview. Wow, is she impressive. Calm, not fantastic on defense but has active hands (she got crucial steals and a block), a steady rebounder and a great shooter who can shoot the three, drive to the basket, stop and pop (she had one drive through three defenders for an off-balance, circus, scoop shot at the rim that made me think she's stronger than her lanky frame would suggest). Scored 31 and I have not seen a box score but it seemed like she was shooting for a very high percentage. Forget the next three years of high school. The Gophers need her next year. There's another chance to watch her Friday as undefeated Hopkins takes on undefeated Elk River in the title game, on KSTC at

Bueckers is a player!! I really like her. Hopefully she wants to be a golden gopher!! Not so sure about Oberhausen though?

Oberg

Yes, Beuckers is terrific. IMO, she's the best player in the state as a 9th grader. I also heard that Hopkins has a 7th grader who is already on the radar screen. I watched all of yesterday's games (on tv) and, although there are a lot of college quality players, Beuckers was the only one I saw who was major conference quality. Oberg, who is only a sophomore, is not a major conference DI player . Maybe she will be eventually, but she's not now.